Lanos brake Pads

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

derrick__32

Lanos brake Pads

Post by derrick__32 »

Hi i,ve got a question corcerning the front brake pads on my Lanos . The Lanos i have is a 200 model sold in Canada it has a 1.5 litre engine in it . I,ve been having a miserable time trying to get front pads to fit it . I ordered a set from an aftermaket guy a while back and they didn,t fit the set looked totally different . I believe the pads were for a 1.6 model my mistake i didn,t know about the difference in the Pads between engine sizes. Next i went online and bought a set of genuine Dawoo pads from a reputable seller . I gave the guy my VIN # so not to make the same mistake twice . he said they would fit my car The pads that he sent look the exact same as the ones on my car but they are about 3/4 inch longer .The pads are Onnuri says right on the box label For lanos 96281937 00bp-005. Could someone tell me what the problem could be , any help would be appreciated thanks in advance .
derrick__32

Post by derrick__32 »

Supposed to be a 2000 model year lanos not 200 lol
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the article was discussed some 2 or three times here... search for it in this section and you will find all the feedback you want.

P.S: i think we need a FAQ section for things like that eh??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
valiman

Post by valiman »

I think that you need Matiz brake pads.
I put on my Cielo, Lanos calipers wich have from factory Matiz brake pads.
I don't know for what kind of engine are my calipers.
Good luck.
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

The lanos 1.5 brake pads are diferent in size that the 1.6. The lanos 1.5 pads from the 1998 lanos are diferent to the 1999- +. (In Puerto Rico, I dont know in Canada are same). The 1999 1.5 brake pads are similar to the 1.6 brake pads but the size are diferent.
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

thats the difference between the TEVES and DAC systems... the TEVES is the one that looks like the 1.6 brakes... the DAC is the one like the Matiz.

i did a post about that with illustrative pics... i am sure a quich search will lead you to it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267