The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

laters and i have no idea about the crankshaft pulley.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

HA!!!!

AH HA!!!

Finally... after months of trying to find the problem with my right turn blinker blinking too fast... I've FOUND IT!

There is a wire bundle that comes up under the headlight unit and feeds the lights with their power. As it turns out, the one on the right side had been rubbing a bit on the metal there, which in turn wore it's way through the ground wire to the front right turn signal.

The Woo is currently out in the garage up on jack stands with the front tires off. I'm installing those fog lights today and also making some kind of attempt at fixing the front bumper (which has a couple cracks in it from some asshole towing company who didn't give a shit if they messed up my bumper.

Anyway... Just thought I would share. By the way... where exactly is it that people usually run their amp wires through the firewall? hehe
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I'm excited, i get my springs tomorrow or monday! =D Nubira hatchback lowered mmmm sounds tasty.
a woo that is a work in progress
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Sweet! Looks like I might hit my timing belt tonight too. :D Got an air ratchet and a compressor to do the job. :D

Too bad my valve cover gasket and new ignition wires didn't arrive... oh well... I'll get to do that later I guess.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

JohnnyC wrote:HA!!!!

AH HA!!!

Finally... after months of trying to find the problem with my right turn blinker blinking too fast... I've FOUND IT!

There is a wire bundle that comes up under the headlight unit and feeds the lights with their power. As it turns out, the one on the right side had been rubbing a bit on the metal there, which in turn wore it's way through the ground wire to the front right turn signal.

The Woo is currently out in the garage up on jack stands with the front tires off. I'm installing those fog lights today and also making some kind of attempt at fixing the front bumper (which has a couple cracks in it from some asshole towing company who didn't give a shit if they messed up my bumper.

Anyway... Just thought I would share. By the way... where exactly is it that people usually run their amp wires through the firewall? hehe
A friend of mine, who ran out of room through the firewall and didn't want to drill another hole, actuall went through the body (and through the door back into the car) Under the panels there were already wires heading into the doors (power windows/door locks) so when he said "i have to drill another hole in the firewall" i said just put it through the body, and it worked great... you can't even see the wires, just the same as if you were going through the firewall and under carpet...

The wires came out behind the dash, and he dropped them down below the carpet and pulled em up under his seat... So if you can't find the actual hole where the wires go in through the firewall (normally on the passenger side) Then you could try my solution... but You probably wouldn't have the space problem dealing with the firewall.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I'm also very excited i just got a job today at Best Buy, getting paid $7.25 per hour... which isn't too shabby =) Should be able to do some serious fixing/modding of my car soon...

So i'll finally reveal my current small list of what i'm going to buy with my money i make within the next year and a half...

-Home made cold-air
-Koni Struts
-Eibach Lowering springs (bought already)
-Paint the Whole car a deep black.
-Professional tinting
-Catback exhaust
-Polyurethane engine mounts
-Maybe 16" OZ wheels (still deciding if i want to keep my 14" wheels or not.)
-Orciari's complete body styling kit.

I know eventually after i get certain things figured out, i either want to turbo my current motor, or buy an extra 2.0L that i can put in my backyard and work on seperately to turbo it... I'll get some sort of shift improver at that point for my automatic (not sure what they're called exactly)...

Let me know what you guys think.

~Kyle
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

at best buy you have alot of poortunity to get yourself a REALLY nice sound system, any plans for that?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

daewoomofo wrote:at best buy you have alot of poortunity to get yourself a REALLY nice sound system, any plans for that?
Yeah almost forgot about that, i'm going to have my friend suggest some stuff for me to buy (he also works at best buy, and has a kick ass system of great stuff... (10" type R sub and 6.5" midranges, and tweeters) sounds awesome in his car he got it all for 600$ including two amps... I'm also planning to dynomat the car... With all the stuff to think about i forgot sound system =P
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Got the fog lights in and working. Also fixed that pesky turn signal. Tomorrow is the big day! Timing belt day! Woot! hehe

And ummm... I'd definately let the left girl into bed with the wife and I... hmmm that's pretty hot.

Yeah... gonna go play with the wife before I go to bed.

Wish me luck with the timing belt tomorrow. And hey... if anyone has any last minute advice on that, please feel free to spout it out.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

id say it was time for new shocks and struts
(how they should look)
pushed in, they had no life left in them!
got my uspencion done today, i need to let the back settle then ill take a pic

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

im back!!!!
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Welcome back TxDAEWOOxT!

DaewooMofo... wow. Those look horrible hahah. I hope mine aren't like that (though they probably are and I just don't know it. :D
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Dang dude O.o
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

springs come in on tuesday =)

window parts come in... whenever they come in...

if anyone's bought parts from GM-Car-Parts, whats the usual time before arrival of orders? Just wondering so i can plan on a day to check back with my parents that the window parts being shipped to (they live across town and don't want to drive to them if i don't have to, just to pick up nothing)