The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

No... I tried calling USPS which had a number in their system that had different letters at the beginning and end. (CX was changed to ZG and CA was changed to US). But it didn't have any tracking information for either.

Canada post doesn't have any new info. I'm just gettin' frustrated with waiting on this package (which is now a week late according to the website's delivery estimate). Three weeks is just too freakin' long.

To take my mind off that... got a suggestion as to where I should run the wires through the firewall for my fog lights?
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

um.... where ever there is a hole without a moving part haha
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

:lol:

are you gonna run a seperate switch or hook them up to parking lights?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Seperate switch.

I have all the wiring and everything already.

Also another quick question. My front tires are a bit worn (about 4-5mm of tread left on the front). The back tires have plenty of tread on them (almost full tread). I was thinking of moving the rear tires up to the front. Is there anything I should be concerned about concerning balancing and such in doing that?
Audacity Racing
moron

nope, in fact that's called rotating your tires and should be done all the time to maximize tread life :lol:
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

hehe Yeah... I know it's called rotating your tires... just wasn't sure if I needed to be careful about anything in particular when rotating the tires (didn't want to throw off balance or anything).
Audacity Racing
moron

just keep the tires on the same side (drivers side stays on driver's side)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Cool :D
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well if you're gonna run a switch then just put it throught the hole where most people put their amp wires through. you'll have to have a long wire but it'll reach. do you have a clock buy your hazard button? if not then put it right there. i put a switch therer and it looked stock. plus that way you don't have to worry about running the wire all the way across the dash if you do go behind the glove box.

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I'll have to look for the hole for the amp wires and stuff. As for the clock, nope... no clock. I had been thinking I would mount the switch up in the blank where the OEM fog light switch would be. :) It's a cool little switch to with a nice red LED on the end of it.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah i had a switch there too. wait are you talking about the spot right next to the dimming switch for your dash? i thought that spot was for the electric mirrors? the hole i'm talking about is on the passenger side with a bunch of other wires goin through it. but the hole ends up right behind the glove box.

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Hehe no I was talking about in the center console there is the spot directly below the vents at the top. There are three parts... Left side (fog light spot?), middle spot for the clock (not equiped on my woo), and the hazard light switch. :)

I plan on putting it in the left side of that area.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

okay i know what you're talking about then. ven better then to make it look symetrical then

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Hey... the Crankshaft pulley bolt isn't reverse threaded is it? (on a 1.6)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Well I'm off to put a few hours of highway miles on the woo... See you guys later on.