induction kit / air filter for Lanos 1.4

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

I've done the first 100 miles in my car today, and burned through about 4 gallons for fuel in the process. I even decided to tryand keep up with one of my mates who has one of the most tuned Saxo's in the UK. and in places where i was still down shifting into second to get some acceleration, he hits about 80 mph, by the time i'm geting up to about 80, he hits his rev limit of around 130mph.

well i've got a pic of my trip meter on the first 100 miles.

I hope my air filter comes through the post tomorow, altho i'm not too sure if it will as it is a holiday. but if it doesnt come through then at least it still gives me time to construct the ram pipe.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
lex86

Post by lex86 »

Yeah dude, buy some more pvc pipe n stuff.

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6322

Look how i did mine.

Peace.
-Lex

The future will come!
Told ya, its already here!
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

finally i found the PVC pipe (68mm).

I was walking around B&Qs for about half an hour to find it. then i found some brown coloured pipes... and I didn't like it, solely because it was brown.
luckily, instead of just buying that, i kept looking and found some black PVC tubes. since it's black there will be no need for a respray. however the angles they had available were very limited, and there were no 135/45 degree bends. the closest i got was 67.5 degree ( why so precise? lol)

on the other hand, i didnt get my air filter through yet due to it being holiday, so will hopefully have it tomorow.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

They do precision angles on that stuff because it's meant for doing plumbing. They typically want specific angles for various applications.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Finally, it's installed!

and the sound it makes... good god! it is 10 times better than what I expected!!! everytime i floor it, about 20 people turn their heads simultaneously towards my car! And over a quarter mile or so there is a slight increase of around 5 mph due to faster acceleration. (not much, but it's a start.)

I didn't realise how big the air filter was until I unpacked it and got it out the box. It's about the size of my head! lol

here are the pics:

I didn't completely remove the tube below the air box or anything, and only took the top part off. Still works and sounds brilliant. Next up, I'll be adding some LED lighting in the engine bay to give it a little shine at nite time.
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Well done.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

It literally took 10 minutes to install it. One of my mates were there when i put it in, (well he was the one tightening the screws) and after we had gone for a spin and he heard it, he was going mad for it! he wants to get one for his 1.4 Renault Clio.

for only ?20 that sure is a lot of pleasure... lol and the amount of people that look at you everytime u put ur foot down is amazing!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah intakes sound cool, and for the price they have to be one of the best mods you can make, keep up the good work

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

I would remove the resonator as well. Not only being restrictive but also lowering the sound output due to a lack of air pressure for the SRI to taKe in.

the resonator is a box under the wheel well that has a funny looking box and plastic Y-tube. Just take off the wheel and then the plastic gaurd and it will improve gains quite nicely.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Agreed - you need to take the resonator out, especially because you are using the airbox still.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Yeah I will eventually take out the y-tube etc. probably during the next week. The only reason I couldn't do all of it today was because I didn't have the appropriate tools. I only had enough to swap over the air filters.

has anyone seen the new Lynx Click advert? well i've got one of those clickers and I've decided that, due to all the people looking at me when i put my foot down, i'm gona click everytime someone looks.

back to the air filter. I want to try and make a little shield to cover it from the engine, as when i checked earlier the one side closest to the engine was warmer than the other ( obviously! ) so I mite put a piece of aluminium or something one side of it and screw it in place using the bolts that are used to keep the original air box in place. hopefully that would help keep the tempratures down. I can probably easily make something myself at skool in the Tech department and say it's for a little project I'm working on, out teachers always welcome students who want to work on projects of their own. so it could work. and there are hundreds of different materials to use.

has anyone else used something similar to shield the air filter from the engine's heat? if yes... please post some pics so i can get a vague idea of what could work. thanx.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Rodd1s wrote:has anyone seen the new Lynx Click advert? well i've got one of those clickers and I've decided that, due to all the people looking at me when i put my foot down, i'm gona click everytime someone looks
i have no idea what that is, its not in the usa, please explain

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

well Lynx is a brand of deodorant for men in the UK. and here's the Lynx Click advert in short:

Ben Affleck walks through the streets of Hollywood with a "clicker" in his hand. (a clicker is a small instrument used to keep count of certain things, one click adds one unit to the total) As Ben walks through the streets in and out of shops etc. etc. he click his clicker for every smile that he gets from girls. There is also one point where a gay guy smiles at him, and at first Affleck hesitates to click, but then click anyway.
The advert is supposed to portray the "Lynx Click Effect" and Click is the name of their latest fragrance/cologne.

If you want to see the advert goto http://www.clickmore.com
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

damm ben got out clicked but the delivery guy!

proudy

Post by proudy »

Nice job well done.

On a note of the clickers yeh i have got one. My mate showed me them, they are cool.

Just make sure you take out the resonator, the noise is so much better and you take in more air so more power.
Pending Signature