Lanos 1.6DOHC turbo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

chang

Lanos 1.6DOHC turbo

Post by chang »

(these datas are requested from damian007 and chris)
engine : Lanos 1.6 DOHC -> all internals(piston, con-rod...) are original parts
turbin : Garrett 0.28
intercooler : SPEARCO
the maximum permissible boost : 1.2 bar
Wheel power : 220 hp/30 torque on the dynamometer
the compression ratio : 8.5~8.8:1
ECU : remapping on the genuine parts
blow off valve : Smart from Australia

the turbo charger for Daewoo motors is not widly equipped in Korea yet. so the almost parts are custom made such as the turbo manifold and pipings,
forged pistion and con-rods are just dream, does not exist.
Actually, this machine is not our member's, so the detailed story of the trouble shooting is not checked.
We are very sorry for that we can not support you at this time.
but, Intimidator have a plan for the turbo setting in the near future, we hope you have a concern from now on, Thank you..
www.intimidator.co.kr --- For the perfect tune of Daewoo motors ---
Visit our site, and click "제품소개" that is English version of the product instruction.
scourge
Junior

Post by scourge »

Nice! just need more pics and a video run of what it can do. :D
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

And what about additional fuel :?: I do not think it would run long with 220 Hp....
Image Image
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

ah so that why you had the extra feul injectors? some bit of cooling? btw if ya still want more i run my car on the 2.0 injectors from a leganza persoanly i think they work better
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Hmmm, that engine looks very similar to our 1.6XE engine.........
There's loads of parts available for it too......cams, forged pistons, rods, headers, intakes, etc.

If someone is willing to send me detailed pics of the Daewoo 1.6 engine, perhaps I can confirm if its based on our 1.6XE 8)

Those strut tops look the same as my Astra's too!

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the fuel is controld by a RRFPR you can see it at the end of the (custom made?) fuel rail also has a gauge on it, and i bet those arnt the stock injectors either

this isnt your everyday homemade turbo kit seems like alot of work has gone into this engine,

my question is, what is that silver thing near the throttle (vac manifold?) and what did they do to the map, looks like they modded it somehow, also looks like they took alot of stuff off the intake like that little valve thingy that i dont know what it did
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

WooHoo wrote:my question is, what is that silver thing near the throttle (vac manifold?)
It looks like it could be the blow off valve.... not sure either.

Stefan..... I'm sure the engine A16DMS is very similar to your 1.6XE if not identical..... I will see if I can find some engine part pics when I get some time.

...... the strut tops should look the same as the Astra..... after all it's nearly and exact duplicate (same suspension, tranny, engine bay dimensions)

This is why the 2.0L swap into the Lanos is so easy.... just pull the engine mount off a 1991 Pontiac Lemans 2.0L and away you go.... most everything bolts right up.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Definatly those are very decent numbers... i love that horn type exhaust mainfold....

The "silver thing" looks like a Catch-can to me...

Stefan... i've said it like a billion times :roll: ... the A15-A16 are based on the 16XE family... the strup tops... what Erfinder said...

i might go with a camera tomorrow to my mechanics shop... i saw a 1.5 dohc head and other bits around.. my car is there with the transmision down... the friction plate is gone thanks to the broken clutch bearing release...
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
damian007vk
Super

that would just be the best thing in the world

Post by damian007vk »

that would simply kick ass if we could use forged pistons and rods from a vauxhall 1.6 astra in our lanos'.
damian007vk
Super

damn,,that is alot of hp for stock

Post by damian007vk »

damn....I cant believe those people are running 220 HP on stock internals.....that is amazing..kinda hard to believe...that is really encouraging though...more than twice the HP output!!!!!
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

Stefan wrote:Hmmm, that engine looks very similar to our 1.6XE engine.........
There's loads of parts available for it too......cams, forged pistons, rods, headers, intakes, etc.

If someone is willing to send me detailed pics of the Daewoo 1.6 engine, perhaps I can confirm if its based on our 1.6XE 8)

Those strut tops look the same as my Astra's too!

Stef
I would be highly intrested in forged parts :!:
Image Image
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

maniac16v wrote:Stefan... i've said it like a billion times :roll: ... the A15-A16 are based on the 16XE family... the strup tops... what Erfinder said...
Sorry my friend, I forget........I have lots to think about at the moment.......

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Stefan wrote:
maniac16v wrote:Stefan... i've said it like a billion times :roll: ... the A15-A16 are based on the 16XE family... the strup tops... what Erfinder said...
Sorry my friend, I forget........I have lots to think about at the moment.......

Stef
I was joking Stef :)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
damian007vk
Super

chang...u got any more

Post by damian007vk »

chang, you got any more pictures or info on the car you can post??? Like which injectors where used, pics of the intercooler, more detailed pics of the placement of the turbo and the custom exhaust manifold, Also, are those pistons found in intimidator forged. ANd finally, u never did give me the price for the thicker triple metallic headgasket, for the camshafts, for the flywheel, and for the performance pulleys, and all those performance parts available for the lanos 1.6 L from intimidator. If you can give me the prices in US dollars. Also I had read once that the lanos ECU could not be remapped, any idea how it was done in that red turboed lanos???? Also, u think I can get the camshafts cheaper if I just get them directly from "webcams"???
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Chang, u tease... show us a woo but can't get us the parts. lol Just kidding...

Good lookin' turbo setup.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com