Won't Start

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

69Boss302

Post by 69Boss302 »

Here is the picture of the broken timing belt roller guide. Still haven't gotten around to pulling the cam cover yet. Just don't want to pull it off and see anything broken or bent in there.

This is what it looks like up closer.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

OHHH man scary scary how many miles??
69Boss302

Post by 69Boss302 »

77,000 miles on it. I'm just trying to delay the obvious I think, maybe tonight if I have enough time I'll get the cam cover pulled off.
69Boss302

Post by 69Boss302 »

Cam cover is off, nothing obvious. Should the cams turn easily with the belt off? The belt is so loose from the broken roller I don't want to try and turn things and mess them up. But then they may already be. All the lifters are up making contact with the cam lobes. I don't want to pull the head just to check. If I turn the crank with a socket and wrench and the timing belt so messed up could a break a valve? Again, if it aint already broke. Maybe I just worry to much and should replace the roller (both) timing belt and put it together, cross my fingers and hopefully didn't waste my time and have to tear it all down anyway.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

do a compresion check, if you dot hae compression you prolly have a bent valve.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
69Boss302

Post by 69Boss302 »

This may sound like a silly question but, how do I do a compression check when things don't turn? That's what I'm trying to ask. Is it OK to turn the crank without the timing belt connected. I don't want to bend a valve trying to check for a bent valve. I should probably know this. Oh and after I got up I realized, I bet they aren't called lifters anymore, didn't check the book to get the up to date term. Looks like it's a valve stem seal, piece #2 of part 1143 is what you would see against the cam.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

your right, you cant do a compression test, my bad sorry :roll:

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

most probablt you bent a valve after you distroyed that pully... i'd suggest pulling the head off and make through out inspection rather than speculating the extent of the damage.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
69Boss302

Finally

Post by 69Boss302 »

:cry: Well as I said I was not working on this fast. I finally got the head off. :cry: :cry: 4 broken valves and a cracked piston, to sum it all up. Next thing that comes right to mind is, is it worth a total rebuild. Well I need to find out how much (and where to find) the parts would be.

Does anybody know a good source for rebuild kit, or even a full engine?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

try your local junk yard or ebay.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267