Lanos 1.5

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

J_Elliott

Lanos 1.5

Post by J_Elliott »

I apologize if my first post is a bit obtuse, I spent several hours in the forums looking for the answers before asking.

I have a 2001 Lanos with the 1.5l (Canadian)

Where do I get spark plugs for this car? I seem to be able to find all kinds for the 1.6

Question 2, are there current model vehicles in Canada that have the identical engine? This would allow me to look up plug wires and other components as well. I get the feeling that the Aveo is close, but could not confirm this anywhere.

Ok, last question - are there current vehicles in Canada that use the same roters and pads?

Most auto parts desks start laughing and mutter 'good luck' when I say I need parts for a Daewoo, its pissing me off, but I like my Woo!
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

You can get plugs nearly everywhere... PartsSource or CrappyTire... as for plug wires and rotors, let me know as I have both in stock.

Tom

Post by J_Elliott »

Thanks for the info, I checked your site, we will talk soon.

As for the plugs for the 1.5, I can only find the Bosch 3708 or NGK 7092 (G power Plat.) which are both for the 1.6

Do you have a Bosch or NGK part number? That way I feel like less of a goof when asking at the parts desk

Thanks
Jeremy
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

You can also use NGK 2762 (v-groove) if you want something less expensive. Ensure proper gap of 0.044.

Post by J_Elliott »

Thanks 306D, One last clarification, and I hope I'm not trying anyone's patience.

You said 'You can also use...' Does this mean the 1.6 plugs can be used in the 1.5?

Thanks for all your help on this.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

as far as i know the only difference is in the gap settings; on the 1.5 it is 0.7mm to 0.8mm and on the 1.6 it is 1.0mm to 1.1mm.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
J_Elliott

Post by J_Elliott »

Hi,

I went out and picked up a set of G-Power Platinum GR45GPs.

Worked perfect

Apparently there is a difference between the plugs for the 1.5 and 1.6 - although I have a set of Bosch Platinums for the 1.6 and could not find any physical difference (threads, length, diameter are all the same) except the internal length of the insulator looks longer on the 1.5, which I think means its a hotter running plug.

Thanks for all the assistance, I'll sure I'll be posting questions when its time to do the front brakes (very soon from the sound of them)