my engine. (Stock)

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

I posted the same thing twice. :?
T18SED Engine.

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

the tb facing upwards makes the airbox mod even easier! think about how much LESS of a restriction there it if you can go from the side of the box straight int without having to use a U bend (like that lanos with it). your intake piping would be sooooo much shorter and more effective
BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

get a blue battery it will look even better, but looks good dude :)
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

but if you have an airbox+functional hoodscoop wouldn't you be worried about hydrolock when it rains?
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

delphis wrote:but if you have an airbox+functional hoodscoop wouldn't you be worried about hydrolock when it rains?
That same thought has occurred to me many times. I have not come up with a way that I think you could totally avoid that possibility with a functional scoop. I'm sure there is a way to reduce the possibility to next to none, but I have yet to think of it. :)
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

BlackleR wrote:get a blue battery it will look even better, but looks good dude :)
hahaha yeah Optima blue top, Thanx 8)
T18SED Engine.

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

JohnnyC wrote:
delphis wrote:but if you have an airbox+functional hoodscoop wouldn't you be worried about hydrolock when it rains?
That same thought has occurred to me many times. I have not come up with a way that I think you could totally avoid that possibility with a functional scoop. I'm sure there is a way to reduce the possibility to next to none, but I have yet to think of it. :)
Well actually if you do put seal around the air box like the WRX I think you could get that possibility.
That's my opinion.
T18SED Engine.

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

the filters in those are water resistant sponge. plus... you get rain water in your intake anyway, unless you drive into a tidal wave (coughbosniancough) then you would be fine. the transam has ram air and you don't hear about many of them with hydro lock
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

Audacityracing wrote:the filters in those are water resistant sponge. plus... you get rain water in your intake anyway, unless you drive into a tidal wave (coughbosniancough) then you would be fine. the transam has ram air and you don't hear about many of them with hydro lock
actually this guy I worked with used to put a rubber floor mate over his intake because if he didn't it would take forever for his car to start, maybe he just had a busted seal or sumthing.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE