Optra 5 - Black Out Tail Lights

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

10ego

Optra 5 - Black Out Tail Lights

Post by 10ego »

Hey Guys,

My name is Diego..I never post in this forum before..for many reasons, no need, since mainly I found everything that I needed to know.. reading. However there are things that I couldnt find and thats why Im posting now.

Does anybody know where I can get the plastic part of the taillights (not the tail light itself) of the Chevy Optra 5 (aka Reno, Lacetti.)
My idea is to black out the tail lights there 2 techniques as many of you already know:

A) Smoke them with Tint Paint
B) Tail Light Covers

Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere the covers, and if I'm going to smoke them I would like to have them back as original at some point.
I went to the dealer here in Winnipeg and they only sell the whole lamp, plastic included and Im not interested.

If anyone know, how to point me to somewhere..will be much appreaciated..

10ego :D
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

My name is Diego..I never post in this forum before..for many reasons, no need, since mainly I found everything that I needed to know.. reading

first of all Diego. THAN YOU FOR READING!!!! second i don't think your gonna find just the plastic part alone. if anything another way would be to possibly use actual tint sheetings. that way when you want them off you can just strip it off. just an idea.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

+1 on the sheets. for 15 bucks you can pick up a roll that gives you plenty to play with until you figure out to put it on the way you like
10ego

Post by 10ego »

What is that about tint sheetings? Sorry for my ignorance but you are taking about like the same one you use to tint windows in the car?
As far as I know..if there are not those ones..there are just plaint tint sheets...cannot be done, since you cannot tint a surface that is not flat or not that concave..

Any other ideas..so what happenes if you just broke the plastic by accident such as someone push a shopping cart or something you are screwed pretty much?
10ego @ Winterpeg
Optra 5
Audacity Racing
moron

to mold tinting to a curved surface you use a heat gun. the tint film is very flexible when warm and will comform to almost any shape.

about the broken plastic... are your's broken?
10ego

Post by 10ego »

Thks for the quick reply guys!!!

No..mine are not broken. I was just wondering if someone get theirs broken will be kindda screwed..Are you sure that the tinting sheets can be taken off.??
Im kindda sketchy for a couple of reasons. 1) in Winnipeg is Illegal 2) The car is a Lease and if I will need to get them stock again I woundt like to buy a whole new kit..
I dont know if someone here in Winnipeg will do the molding with a gun..is very painfull job as far as I know a little about tinitng.

Hope you guys understand.. Thanks!
10ego @ Winterpeg
Optra 5
Audacity Racing
moron

tint sheets peel off like a bad sunburn :lol:

you could actually use a hair-drier to heat the film enough to apply it