Forena

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

Forena

Post by Tim04 »

I know We probably all have the same factory radio or at least the leganza does...I believe. I want to know what the SFD panel is and how to access it. It is right above my equalizer settings. It has things like Live, Hall, Church, etc. I think it would be cool to use it if you know how...please fill me in. Thanks
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

My factory CD/MP3 is not like the usual Sony stuff I had in my Daewoo Lanos so most probably won't know about the sound effects.

The effects are just Digital Signal Processing to make it into a "surround" type setting.

Your factory manual should have all the information you need on how to change the settings.

Me personally.... the stock unit is going into my truck..... I finally have a car worthy of my stereo..... I just bought some new midbase speakers last night (Premier series Pioneer) so I'm pretty much ready to start the long process of a custom stereo install.... how does eight 8" subs sound?
Tim04
Super

I don't know

Post by Tim04 »

that's the problem the manual shows picture of it but does not tell you how to use it. Oh it sucks not being able to use something you want to use.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Does anyone else have any ideas?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

No idea, don't have it on my radio.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
get sideways

Post by get sideways »

mine doesn't either because it is an upgrade but then again
mine is the s anyways cause i am changing it to Alpine
yes its mine no you can't beat it
04 forenza
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I'm not sure how true this is, but I read on another Daewoo board a couple years ago after I got my Leganza that those features are not available because they are not part of the radios in our cars. They share a common display face with another model radio that has those features, but just not in the ones we have in our Woos.
It sux, but oh well.

Cliff
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I've used the sound effects (church,hall ect) but I don't remember how I got into it.... I'm pulling the stock CD/MP3 and I'm going to put it into my old truck (83 GMC)

What's going in is a Sony head unit (CD/MD) with TV tuner built in and a full band single DIN graphic equalizer with integrated DSP just bellow it (lots of custom settings) When you set up the link between the two units they act as one unit.

I went to a local garage sale on the weekend and found a Blade amplifier (Class A amp made in Canada about 10yrs ago ) which is really nice....original cost in the $900 range.... I got the amp and a 12" Pioneer sub (with box) for $60

I promise that if I ever fool with the DSP feature on the stock deck I will let you know more about it.
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Thank you Erfinder, I appreciate your time spent. :D
hondaxhonda

Post by hondaxhonda »

I have an 04' Forenza and my car has them as well..

You change the setting of the programs they give you to the type of the music that you are playing. It will adjust the bass and the trebule to give you the best sound. I use it all the time because it really does work and helps me get the best sound quality out of the speakers that i have.

I hope thats what ur question was asking if not oh well lol...

adios :)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

hondaxhonda wrote:I have an 04' Forenza and my car has them as well..

You change the setting of the programs they give you to the type of the music that you are playing. It will adjust the bass and the trebule to give you the best sound. I use it all the time because it really does work and helps me get the best sound quality out of the speakers that i have.

I hope thats what ur question was asking if not oh well lol...

adios :)
No, that is not what he was asking.
There are additional features that are not easily accessed.
In direct sunlight, or at night with a flashlight, you can see there are things on the screen that are not lit up, which represent additional sound processing.
We all know about the Rock, Pop, Jazz, Voice, etc. features, which are nice, but he wanted to know how to access the extra features.

:)

Cliff
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Yes you are right Cliff :D

I called the U.S. Daewoo Radio company and the technician I spoke with siad those features were only available on Leganzas/w cd changers. So I gather that the brainiacs down at GM & Suzuki simply overlooked the fact that some people may want a CD Changer. Which in turn would allow me to use those features.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

My car has things like that too. If you look in your car there might be other things that don't light up. My car has a DRL light but sinse I do not have daytime running lights it never lights up. Also i don't have that special suspension thing. but you can't have every thing i guess. Later you might and I say might try an after market stereo. Make the sound alot better.