And so it begins... Window Tinting with JohnnyC (again)

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

And so it begins... Window Tinting with JohnnyC (again)

Post by JohnnyC »

Hahah... well... I'm getting things prepped up for the tinting job. I'm taking the camera out there with me... I'll be snapping photos of stuff I'm doing so maybe I'll be able to make some how-to's out of it when I'm done.

Step 1: Prep work... removing the rear dash carpet and rear brake light so there is nothing obstructing me from getting to the window and no carpet to let dust and fuzzies get up on the glass (don't want contamination under the tint because it'll be there forever...

Wish me luck and post anything you want in here to help me along or encourage me or even to just make fun of me... since... well... Sometimes I deserve to be made fun of. :D
Last edited by JohnnyC on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

i learn this from a tint shop, precut down the tint on the out side of the car, then trim to fit when you go inside.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

johnny can you please count the amount of swear words you say today.

thanks
timmay
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if you do a good job, ill have you do mine, kalamazoo aint too far away lol good luck

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

good luck with the back window... thats the hardest one to do!!! it will make you feel like a pro on the sides
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Bah... it's a bust... Didn't have someone to spray down the film as I was peeling off the backing... static cling caught it and the sticky side stuck to the sticky side without any liquid on it yet.

So... uh... didn't have enough tint left to do the entire car... Seems totally do-able... but not without someone to help you in the process. I had previously asked two of my friends to help... one claimed to be feeling a bit ill and the other had stuff to do... so... without help and that blunder... I think I might just have a shop do it... which is really disappointing because I think I could have gotten it done right if the damn thing wouldn't have flipped over on itself or if someone would have been there to spray it down while I was pulling the backing off. Either way... very annoyed... and no tint on my Woo today.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

having a shop tint is really expencive, i was quoted like 170 for only my back doors and back window, you should try again!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

when im by myself i take the part i want to keep clean and from rolling up to the car and slowly pull the clear off it and spray at the same time then when yo uget to the end stop spraying and hold on to it with both hands
ooobiserooo
Junior

Post by ooobiserooo »

JohnnyC wrote:Bah... it's a bust... Didn't have someone to spray down the film as I was peeling off the backing... static cling caught it and the sticky side stuck to the sticky side without any liquid on it yet.

So... uh... didn't have enough tint left to do the entire car... Seems totally do-able... but not without someone to help you in the process. I had previously asked two of my friends to help... one claimed to be feeling a bit ill and the other had stuff to do... so... without help and that blunder... I think I might just have a shop do it... which is really disappointing because I think I could have gotten it done right if the damn thing wouldn't have flipped over on itself or if someone would have been there to spray it down while I was pulling the backing off. Either way... very annoyed... and no tint on my Woo today.
tint was wery popular 2 years ago in my city! And now all the people that did a homemade tinting have a bubles and holes! My thinking is you shold go to the shop; let the profesionals do it right!

I would be sad to se you have the sam problems like i see on the streets! :(
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

My wife tells me that I should give it another go. So, she agrees with you, Mofo. :)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I paid $120 for the 2 front doors, two rear pop-out windows and the rear hatch glass.
It has a lifetime warranty against ever changing color, fading, bubbling or peeling.

They put the wrong tint in the first time so they took it out and put in the silver mirror tint at no extra charge since they got it wrong the first time.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Yeah... it didn't cost me too much when I got my old Impala tinted... around $160... :(
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

i had all of mine done for 120$ but thats only cuz i knew the guy
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

full window tint costs some 60 LE here... thats a little less than 10 USD.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

haha yeesh... we need that kind of price here. :)