protect yourself from police camera

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i don't see how anyone can say that cameras like that are making it not free. they don't do anything but prosecute those who do wrong... so unless you are breaking the law nothing is going to happen to you.

how bad does it make someone look if they oppose a measure which makes them safer by eliminating an oppertunity to break the law ;)
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Let me explain an example. There is a ring road in barcelona. The max. speed in most of it is 80km/h. It has several speed cameras along it so you can't go much faster without getting a ticket. The problem comes when you have a 80 signal, then suddenly a 60 one and just over it a speed camera.
If you are going at 80 you will get a ticket, and you have little time to reduce speed, wich means, if you dont know the road you can either get a ticket or brake so hard that you are putting yourself and the ones at your back in danger.

Another sample is the typical road with 80 signal and a loooong visibility and good tarmac quality (where you could easily go at 120km/h without risks)... and a camera hiden just to make money of you...
Last edited by Joso on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

in some ways i can agree with you kenny, i agree it does make the roads safer. but its also just another oportunity for us to be watched. alost every where you go you have a camera on you, i mean take a look at Google Earth! no one even knew that they were having pictures taken of their homes and their commuitues, yes it is cool to hae a look at things from space but it also shows that as time goes on our privacy is at risk of being lost. but yes the traffic cameras do a good part ot make the roads safer from crazy drivers. i cant say im a great driver, ill admit im very impatant behind the wheel, i wish i could just sit back and relaxe when im driving but i cant for some reason, i just hope that i can calm myself down before they put up "ticket" cameras up in detroit.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i just dont' see why you'd be concerned about your privacy if you have nothing to worry about anyway... especially when it comes to something like a picture from space that has so-so resolution or a camera in plain sight to take a picture of a speeding car.

the placement of a camera may be stupid, but it's purpose is one that i find to be a good one. my fiance is so totally against stuff like that and will complain when people aren't going at least "the speed limit." now think about this for a second... the word limit means extreme, a barrier that isn't meant to be crossed, so what kinda situation are you putting yourself in when you are complaining about not going at least the limit?!

i just find that humorous :lol:
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i think you have me wrong, im for the idea of safe roads, and what ever it takes to make them safer, it just sucks that it came to cameras. and i know what its like when people dont do the speed limit, i get stuck behind old ladies gong 10 under all the time and it totay sucks, if your affraid to drive then dont get behind the wheel!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Audacityracing wrote:i don't see how anyone can say that cameras like that are making it not free. they don't do anything but prosecute those who do wrong... so unless you are breaking the law nothing is going to happen to you.

how bad does it make someone look if they oppose a measure which makes them safer by eliminating an oppertunity to break the law ;)

I don't oppose cameras on the street at lower speeds...

But the cameras in our state on the freeway... blah... higher speeds even if you aren't going over the speed limit and add in the blinding flash... So if you understand that higher speeds combined with something that could impair your vision... it doesn't mix... Therefore making these cameras unsafe...

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Redlight Cameras =Good
Speeding cameras on street = "okay"
Speeding cameras on the freeway = Bad.
a woo that is a work in progress
BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

In the UK i dunno if its the same in other countries, but the police cant put speed cameras up without haveing signs before the speed camera saying theres gonna be a speed camera. And also there is a site which shows u every speed camera in the UK and also where the portable speed checker people go every day and what times etc. So u gotta be pretty stupid to get caught speeding by a camera in the UK in my opinion :p. I mean if u see a sign saying speed camera ahead, u dont speed up do u? :p
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

It happens the same here, but then you have got to remember about mobile speed cameras, the ones in police cars. And if there's a camera signal in any part of a freeway, then it counts for the entire freeway, no matter if it crosses spain from north to south...

Here it is legal to have a device that knows where fixed cameras are, but it doesnt detect cameras at all so it's pointless as you can still be caugh with a mobile camera.