American places to get computer diagnostics done?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

American places to get computer diagnostics done?

Post by JohnnyC »

Well... since there aren't any Daewoo dealerships around anymore here in the states, where can I take my Lanos to get it hooked to a diagnostic computer (for free) to check and see what the computer is saying is wrong?

I've got a "CEL" or "Check Engine Light" on... I thought it was the distance sensor that was causing it... Or so I thought...

After I installed the new sensor, I followed the idle learn process to get everything reset where it should be. Unfortunately, after a couple minutes the check engine light came back on again. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't just the speed sensor (distance sensor) that was having the problem. I do have a blinker that is a little nuts... but I don't know if that could cause a CEL or not.

So my question... Where do I take it to get it checked out?

ideas?
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

autozone, advance auto, o'rielly, pepboys, etc...

get teh code and bring it back here and we'll diagnose it
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I tried AutoZone and those guys said, "Not an American car?! We can't check that!"... I asked, "Know anyone who can?"... to which they replied, "You'll have to take it to a dealership".

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take it out to go get the code... wife has the car and won't be back until 9 tonight... so...
Audacity Racing
moron

he's retarded... it's odb-ii so it's a universal code output from chevy to daewoo... go back and ask for the manager and get his retardedness fired for being lazy
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I will definately do that (especially since AutoZone is the closest place to my house).
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

Yeah I took my car to a local shop and they diagnosed it for free using standard equipment.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yepers autozone can deff do it, i have a friend that bought one of the relly nice snapon code readers so i use that but autozone works just fine , and yeah get his lazy ass fired!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Autozone guys are a bunch of dicks, they told me that it wasn't possible either, when I know full well that it is an OBD-II car that can be scanned anywhere.

I went to Advance Auto Parts and they scanned it immediately, no questions asked.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Haha... crap... and well... not crap! hehe :)

Somewhere on the way to and from my wife's work, the computer decided it no longer needed to have a CEL on. :) So I guess it wasn't the blinker! hehe

(on my Impala, the CEL came on because the gas cap wasn't completely screwed on...)

Kinda interesting... I had a 2001 Impala and I like my Woo better. :)
angel

hey

Post by angel »

i work at autozone and i scan plenty of cars all day and my lanos a couple of times so far were was this autozone at the guy should get smaked with a sparkplug wire
angel

im no dik

Post by angel »

i live and work in ft walton beach and work at autozone full time and im the one that people ask about woos there
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

JohnnyC wrote:Haha... crap... and well... not crap! hehe :)

Somewhere on the way to and from my wife's work, the computer decided it no longer needed to have a CEL on. :) So I guess it wasn't the blinker! hehe

(on my Impala, the CEL came on because the gas cap wasn't completely screwed on...)

Kinda interesting... I had a 2001 Impala and I like my Woo better. :)
the code is still in the computer. you can still take it and see what was triping the cel. even if the light is off it the code sits in the computer for something like 50 full driving cycles.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Well... I got the code today... Seems weird though...

P0342 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Input (sensor a)

The guy asked me if I was having trouble starting it or anything, which I'm not... so... Dunno... The light appears to be intermitten. My wife said it turned on for her sometime when she was on the way home, but again the light was off today.
Audacity Racing
moron

my friend... you have found the one bug EVERY lanos will have. there was a recall on it so you should be able to get it fixed for free.
dog

Post by dog »

I have the code book and can walk you threw doing it with out a scanner if you can't get any co-op. Its not that hard. Stay away from repair shops though, where I work they charge $65 for looking up the codes and won't scan it and just tell you the codes.
04 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 with dreams of 325 hp per liter.