The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Ahh, i've found a 2001 Nubi sedan (5sp) in tucson for 500$ from a private seller, he said it doesn't run, but it's an "easy" fix... So i asked him what's wrong with it... I might convince my step dad to buy it :D

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah i would love to meet up with some fellow woo'ers only one even close to me is johnny c

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

Aneab wrote:Ahh, i've found a 2001 Nubi sedan (5sp) in tucson for 500$ from a private seller, he said it doesn't run, but it's an "easy" fix... So i asked him what's wrong with it... I might convince my step dad to buy it :D

~Kyle
nice!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hell yeah man go for it. then you can use that as your daily driver and focus on fixing up the h/b. man i can't wait until i get my own house with a two car garage and money to spend to buy a daily driver. and then add like a 100 gallon air compressor and two paint guns for like $500 each one for primer and one for paint and clear and i'll be happy. aaahhhhh dreams are good huh? well at least long term goals.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

lanos2001 wrote:hell yeah man go for it. then you can use that as your daily driver and focus on fixing up the h/b. man i can't wait until i get my own house with a two car garage and money to spend to buy a daily driver. and then add like a 100 gallon air compressor and two paint guns for like $500 each one for primer and one for paint and clear and i'll be happy. aaahhhhh dreams are good huh? well at least long term goals.

nick
:badgrin: :badgrin: That would be awesome, i want to start painting my own cars, I know most of the stuff needed, but i don't have it... like the compressor w/ correct PSI and paint guns... I want to airbrush some parts of my interior... would be sweet.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i suck at drawing but i was reading a few articles for airbrushing with stencils and it didn't seem that hard and it would come out awesome. never used one though.

nick

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

lanos2001 wrote:i suck at drawing but i was reading a few articles for airbrushing with stencils and it didn't seem that hard and it would come out awesome. never used one though.

nick
Yeah i'd airbrush with a stencil it would be a lot easier, even if you know how to draw.

~kyle
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

SILVER BULLET!!!!!!!
:smt030

nick

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Here's a link to that car. I'm sure i could find a bumper here in phoenix for under 70$ but i asked the guy what was wrong with it (also how bad the right side is, since the picture isn't of the right side) But i'd really like to pick up another woo for cheap and fix it to run so i could park my hatch for a while and fix it up!
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_i ... ardist=111
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well what wrong with it that soo easy?

nick

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Kinda what i'm wondering, but thats why i asked before jumping into asking to buy it...

~kyle
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

When you airbrush, it is very wise to use masking and stensils. Good tape is your friend. :)

Just watch American Chopper or something like that. It'll give you all sorts of cool ideas. (When they paint the tanks)
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

JohnnyC wrote:When you airbrush, it is very wise to use masking and stensils. Good tape is your friend. :)

Just watch American Chopper or something like that. It'll give you all sorts of cool ideas. (When they paint the tanks)
Yeah it's alot harder to mess up using a stencil, I would love to do it.

~kyle
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

lanos2001 wrote:hell yeah man go for it. then you can use that as your daily driver and focus on fixing up the h/b. man i can't wait until i get my own house with a two car garage and money to spend to buy a daily driver. and then add like a 100 gallon air compressor and two paint guns for like $500 each one for primer and one for paint and clear and i'll be happy. aaahhhhh dreams are good huh? well at least long term goals.

nick
The only reason I want to move out is to have my own garage... my parents are really laid back about everything except me making a mess in the garage. Hell they wont even lemme get a dirt bike cuz they dont want it to clutter the garage or yard.

Is that all paint supplys is? How hard is it to actually do a good paint job? I know here in AZ to have a decent paint job its like 1k alone and you should mask off your own car cuz they dont do very good at that part
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well paint just depends on what kind you get and what color. yellow and red are the most expensive. and if you have body work add about $50-$100 to that depending on how bad it is. a gallon of maroon paint for my car with reducer was about $400. i didn't need to get that much since it makes 2 gallons after mixing it. and thats with clear coat. and maybe about $100 for primer if needed.

nick