The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

heres the link to me making it
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... body+class

and heres a pic of the finished product.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Cool. I was thinking of doing more of a WRX style hood scoop. Something I would be doing down the road (by that I mean not anytime soon) hehe
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i wanted to do the wrx style hood too but i got the scoop for free and just molded it in. but yeah you can do something similar that kenny has. he bought the wrx style hood scoop and molded it in too. his mold wasn't as extensive as mine but still badass. and you don't even need to mold it just pop rivet it and it would still look clean.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you need to lower that car nick!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i'm getting there. just have other priorities right now. i have the lowering springs but need to get the kyb GR-2's and get them installed.

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i doubt this would work on our cars but i wanted to make sure. it says its for hyundais but i wasn't sure if a MAP sensor was somewhat universal or not.

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/ ... =070000000

nick

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

doesnt the lanos use a GM map sensor?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i guess i dont' know. so there are differences in MAP sensors then? well i guess thats a bust. thats why i asked here first before making its own thread.

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

these people want $13k for a 2000 lanos sedan. :lol: thats more than the car probably cost brand new. and its six years later. :lol: just had to share this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Daewoo-L ... 0643QQrdZ1

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

You know what's really funny is... I just bought my 2000 Lanos 4-Door Sedan for $1600 hahah

A far cry cheaper then those greedy bastards haha.

Well I found that one of the little plastic cable holders for my vent controls is busted. I saw where another one had busted and they fixed it with a couple of zip strips. I didn't bother fixing the second broken one since it was going to be too much of a pain in the ass, but I did figure out where to manually set the vent controls so now I've got it going to floor/defrost... I use that 99% of the time anyway, so looks like that's good for now.

I'm in the process of trying to fix my speedometer, I figured since getting to the cluster would be warmer to try first (as opposed to standing outside in the cold trying to reach the sensor WAY DOWN behind the engine and some hoses). As it turns out the cluster is still well connected and that doesn't seem to be the problem. So... After I warm up for a couple minutes and get a screwdriver style socket set up, I'll go out and pull the speed sensor out of the transmission so I can clean it and see if it's just jammed or something.

It was so easy getting the dash apart... I'm thinking I might paint those parts, would look cooler then the black I think...
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah i have the same problem with the knob but i was too lazy to look but i know its the same reason. i have it on the same setting as you too. every once in a while i forget and put it on the main vents and it takes me like 20 tries to get it back.

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Oh no... :(

It would appear my speed sensor is dead...

It's supposed to look like this (in the drawing):

But mine looks like this:

As you can see... the end has been melted/shorn off... which means... it's still in there.

So... now I have to try and figure out how the hell I'm going to get the gear end out of the transmission... and of course I'm going to have find somewhere that has these for me to buy. YAY!

Ugh...

Suggestions?
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Oh no... :(

Well I got ahold of that little plastic gear... then just before I got it out of the hole, it slipped out of the end of my needle nose pliers and fell... straight down into oblivion... I can't see it.

Is that little plastic gear going to destroy my transmission if I try to drive the car? Do I now have to take apart my transmission to get that little gear out of there?

I really hate when stuff like this happens........
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

its called Murphy's Law and hes a bitch while you own a woo. :evil:

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well it looks like i need to tune up my car. i was at a light slightly uphill with it in first waiting for it to turn green when it sputters like its gonna die. it did it like three times in a row so i think its time to change my injectors. i havne't done that once since i've owned the car. i have put in the STP cleaner stuff but only like five times.

nick