Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn :shock: thats not a muffler its an echoer form the looks of it. :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

wow what happened to the underside of your car.i dont think they have salt water beaches in michigan!
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

wOo-TaNg wrote:whats the differenc between cat-back and normal? sorry but im young and not experienced lol.....ITS MY FIRST TIME
A cat-back is like Kenny pictured in the first page. It includes the tubing and a muffler (so it's the whole system). It connects right after the last cat (cat-back).

A normal would be? stock. lol
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

TxDAEWOOxT wrote:wow what happened to the underside of your car.i dont think they have salt water beaches in michigan!
In Michigan... they put salt on the roads so we don't die in the winter. Unfortunately it eats our cars.

I'll be doing what I can to fix anything with rust.

If you're diligent about keeping your car clean, you can avoid the rust for the most part.

I just bought this car a few days ago... so, whoever owned it prior to me didn't wash the exterior (including the undercarriage) enough.
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

i have heard of people putting the spray in bed liner on the undercarriage of the cars and trucks to prevent that. but it will also make the car alot heavier. im i texas i dont know about the snow i have never seen it. we had a tiny bit of snow fall last year around christmas and everybody flipped out. the only pics of my car that i might be able to get on the forum will be the ones when we had snow.
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

We definately get snow here in Michigan. Once, when I was a kid, we had so much snow that it buried the trailor we were living in. We had to take the door off it's hinges and dig ourselves out by melting the snow in our shower/sinks. It hasn't been that bad since then, but it has gotten pretty deep at times. So far the deepest it got this year was about 1.5 feet deep, but that has since melted.

They have various treatments you can get to curb the speed at which your car will rust due to the salt, but in the end, keeping it really clean seems to be the only thing that REALLY works.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

On my way out to get the muffler replaced... I'll show the 'after' pics when I get back.
BlackleR
Junior

Post by BlackleR »

Audacity, i like the 2 lights on the front of that green car, looks welllll smart