Grounding kit

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

blinkme323

Post by blinkme323 »

I think it was about $115 after shipping. I'll try to take some pics of it later on today.
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

k im done with it, heres pics, what do u guys think?
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Looking at those pics... and knowing electrical systems, I am trying to figure why the strut towers and exhaust manifold needed grounding.
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Looking at those pics... and knowing electrical systems, I am trying to figure why the strut towers and exhaust manifold needed grounding.
i dunno neither, i guess for better grounding? as for the manifold, DONT DO IT, is a waste of wire/connectors because it melted the soder. just a heads up for you guys. also all that, + the battery terminal = 50 bucks :)
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
mods: Greddy Type-S BOV, Greddy Intercooler Piping, Injen Intake, Act 2100 Clutch, Act Xact flywheel, Apexi N1 Downpipe and Catback Exhaust, MCB Set to 16 PSI, BuddyClub2 Bodykit (Not Installed) and Greddy FMIC(not installed)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

There is a lot of unnecessary ground wire there.
I guess the people selling the kit have to justify the high price they are charging.

I mean, its JUST wire and some soldered on ring terminals.

And the ONLY places that need grounding are the battery negative to body and body to engine block.

If you wanted you could ground between the block and transmission, but it isn't necessary.

All that extra grounding is completely unnecessary and just gets more wire cluttering up your engine compartment.
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

i did it mostly for the bling factor.
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
bmiester

Post by bmiester »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Looking at those pics... and knowing electrical systems, I am trying to figure why the strut towers and exhaust manifold needed grounding.
I was thinking of the same thing. There's a lot of unnecessary wiring going on there.
FoRk
Junior

Post by FoRk »

FoRk wrote:i did it mostly for the bling factor.
95 Eclipse GS-Turbo
jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

First of all nice job on your car, I can't wait to get mine in! Here is a guy who sell Earth circle ground kits for 17.00$ and they are in red or blue. He makes them with a 4 AWG cable. I bought one it looks pretty decent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33574

Hope you guys enjoy this, I think it's a good deal.
Thanks,
James Chagnon
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

That looks nice and the price isn't bad, but I can't see the point of a circular grounding point.

The only ground points that can be improved are the battery negative post to the body and the body to the engine block.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Well I got my ground wires done this weekend but didn't have enuf time to run the new power wires. I'll get some pics up when I get the power wire ran. Anyone know why they ran the power wire directly from the alternator to the starter, then from the starter to the battery? Right now I'm looking for a nice 4ga T connector so I can make this a little better.

So far what I used was:
STINGER HPM Platinum PROBATT 4 GA RING TERMINALS
SILVER STINGER 4 GA HPM WIRE SILVER - Oxygen Free Copper 1666 Strands of Wire (OFC)
BLUE STINGER 4 GA HPM WIRE SILVER - Oxygen Free Copper 1666 Strands of Wire (OFC)
STINGER HPM SERIES PLATINUM MULTIOUTPUT BATTERY TERMINALS

got bling?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Nice wire & terminals. :)
Just don't do a lot of unnecessary wiring to clutter the engine bay; it detracts from the overall look of the rest of the engine.

Cliff