5th Egyptian Daewoo meet ***NOS RULES***

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

how can you mix NOS with gas?? i mean NOS is a gas and gas is liquid.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

every gas is a liquid.. just depends on conditions and how much pressure its under

but there is different types of nos setups ... wet and dry... maybe your dad was running dry because thats what it sounds like
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

By NOS I meant nitrous oxid, wich is just a gas that has a high content of oxigen. Wet or Dry are types of nitrous oxid systems. So you can only mix nitrous oxid with petrol, not wet nitrous oxid or dry nitrous oxid.

I'm talking about old school. My father didn't use any kind of nitrous oxid system, he actually mixed nitrous oxid with gas.
dog

Post by dog »

Are you sure you are not meaning Nitromethane. it is a liquid that you mix with gas, and it has the same effect as No2. the problem is it is very corrosive and would eat the fuel system add that to the extra heat it causes and it would destroy piston rings causing an engine to burn oil very badly. Very old school street rod trick and required a stainless fuel set up and some engine tweaks to handle it.
04 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 with dreams of 325 hp per liter.
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

N20 in the bottle is presureized and is a liquid. when N20 hits the atmosphere, it turns into a gas. N20 can only be mixed in the petrol line and not the gas tank.
got drift?
karim
Junior

Re: the NOS is amazing

Post by karim »

Ya I know you hate me. I am sure that you feel your car is so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :lol: :lol: , so go a head and get a NOS. Sweet Dreams dude :)
Zikas wrote: a very speical thanks for karim (i hate you) for getting the NOS guy and making me think of it all time (in my dreams too)
and i think me and MMamdouh should open a Tunning Shop for Woo's in egypt (hope to do it soon)
Joso
Super

Post by Joso »

Will have to ask him, but sounds like I'm mistaken. He used to say it ate oil in the cylinders so it sounds exactly like dog says.

Nitromethane, nitrous oxid... sounds all the same to me :p
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

nitrous and alcohol both cause oil consumption because of blow-by. blow-by is where the air-fuel mixture blows past the rings into the sump. this is why people who use nitrous end up changing their oil way sooner. same with nitromethane, propane, and alcohol. it's also teh same with a turbo, but you should change that oil sooner anyway because it gets really stressed.
jidasas
Expert

NOS drys cylinders

Post by jidasas »

NOS has come a long way in the last ten or fifteen years. Many of the problems that used to be common on NOS equiped cars have been eliminated through the integration of computers into the design of the NOS delivery. As long as you do not exceed the limits of your car (on a 1.6 liter I would not push more than a 50 hp shot of NOS), you should not have any problems. A local performance shop said that a 1.6 lanos should handle a 50 shot and not be harmed.

I love the fact that you guys have been meeting. I have tried to get Woo owners here to do that but most people are not interested in tuning them-they only want Hondas.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Good point it is crucial to make sure to keep up with maintenance when you start "improving" your car. Earlier is better for the life of the car.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

can the T20SED engine handle a 75HP shot??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

75HO will much stick with 50HP if you want your engine to last.
MMamdouh wrote:can the T20SED engine handle a 75HP shot??

MMamdouh
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I agree. 75 is entirely to much for that engine. If you used it very often at all the detonation and pressure inside the cylinders would destroy the motor. The fuel system would need upgraded and I would reccomend you at least put some thought into rings and pistons and [b]copper head gasket[/b]! (and ask someone about the valves and timing etc. as these would likely need to be upgraded and the timing changed) before you tried more than a fifty shot.