2007 Chevy Aveo

The latest rumors, news on vehicles, press Releases, new models lauches and general Automotive news.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Sidewinder

2007 Chevy Aveo

Post by Sidewinder »

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, so I figured I may as well. I'm new on the forums, but have been looking into the Optra5 since someone I know got one (partially the styling and partially because the interiors are kick ass). This in turn lead me to the Aveo, but I personally don't like the goofy front end (Kalos front end gets two thumbs up!). Well I recently found this....

This is the 2007 Chevy Aveo, set to be released here in Canada in the summer of this year and to be released in 140 countries around the world. I must say, I LOVE this new design. It is clearly a step away from the direction Deawoo was originally taking, but I personally like it better. What do you all think?

More info here http://www.mph-online.com/web/prtranslated/00333 or google 2007 Chevrolet Aveo

Oh forgot to mention....as you will read, that this redesign was for the sedan ONLY, the hatchback remains the same for now as GM hasn't released any info on a redesign for it yet.
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

first thing, it would need to be dropped 1.5-2 inches. :D

but besides the funny way it sits due to the rolled fenders and stock tires and it sitting so high, I like the looks of it.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Looks like a different version of the optra
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I like the interior.
04aveohb
Junior

Post by 04aveohb »

Im not a big fan of it, the interior is nice..but I like the look of my 2k4 hatchback better. The looks too much like a civic...
2004 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
-SRI
-15" Konig Theory's
Sidewinder

Optra5/Reno/Lacetti

Post by Sidewinder »

Ever since I saw them, I've always liked the Deawoo interiors. GM should have kept the front end treatment the same across the board for the now first gen Aveos, I think the headlights on the Kalos look much better than the treatment on the current Canadian version Aveo/Wave. This new design is supposed to be a global car, but I personally think it is distinctly chevy. It looks like the cobalt's/pursuit's sister car with some Optra Sedan and Malibu thrown in the mix. I wonder what they will do with the hatchback.

I've heard that the Optra5/Reno/Lacetti might be redesigned as well, I can't remember where I read it. Suzuki supposedly is doing the redign for it but I'm not sure if it is true. Personally I think the Optra5/Reno/Lacetti is already a winning design, what they need now is to make an aftermarket following or come out with a sport package with more power, at least in my opinion.
derost

Post by derost »

Heh. They had a photoshop contest on GM Inside News a little while back for the 2007 Aveo. This was my entry... I came second-to-last, but there were some nice ones!

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

damn, if only I had known about the competition... I'll try it anyways and post the result back here.
Last edited by AcingTeam on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Okay, here's my quick attempt at it:

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

now that is sweet!!!! i would drive it!!!
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I do have to say, i'd buy that...

~Kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
DaewoLeganza
banned

Post by DaewoLeganza »

AcingTeam wrote:Okay, here's my quick attempt at it:

the blues mad sweet bout to do that on my leganza
could someone tell me how to make the inside blue