Replacing front Lanos speakers

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Does the tool have a specific name?

I think I need one, as I cannot get the handle off (I can't even see the clip)
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
ooobiserooo
Junior

pioneer SPEAKERS

Post by ooobiserooo »

i hope i buyed the good ones! :)
I got it reallllllly cheap so i prey that they will fit in the door 17cm :roll:

IDEAS ANYONE ? ? ?
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

The tool doesnt really have a specific name, just ask for a tool that removes the handle that winds down the windows, i got mine from repco for 7 bucks, its blue and has 2 different sizes on it so i can do different doors, but check autobarn, super cheap auto, repco etc, one of them will have one, but i recommend repco definatly. Good Luck :)
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

I live in the UK so will have to go to UK stores.

Is it a universal tool, or a specifically Daewoo tool?

Thanks a lot for your help!
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have 6 1/2" speakers in my Lanos doors :) and tweeters mounted on the dash.
But in order to make them fit, I had to make adapter rings out of multiple layers of MDF (medium density fiberboard)

If you replace the 4" with 5 1/4" speakers, you will need adapter rings because changing to a larger speaker is not just a direct screw-in replacement.

These rings are basically just circles cut out of MDF (a compressed wood material) that match the size hole on the door and adapt to fit the new larger speaker size.

Cliff
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Hi, the tool is a universal tool, it isnt just for daewoos, thats why it has twp different sizes on it, just ask at your local auto store and im sure they can get one for you.
Good Luck.
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

www.norbie.co.uk
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Its like that but i have different sizes on both end.
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

I have in my lanos door 6 1/2 speakers . I put them removing the plastic part. And put in it site a 1/2 in. spacer.
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

I bought 6 inch 170 watt sony speakers and i tried to put them in my door but i made a ring but i kept making it too big, does anyone have photos of the process of putting them in their doors?

Thankyou.
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I have 6 1/2" speakers in my Lanos doors :) and tweeters mounted on the dash.
But in order to make them fit, I had to make adapter rings out of multiple layers of MDF (medium density fiberboard)

If you replace the 4" with 5 1/4" speakers, you will need adapter rings because changing to a larger speaker is not just a direct screw-in replacement.

These rings are basically just circles cut out of MDF (a compressed wood material) that match the size hole on the door and adapt to fit the new larger speaker size.

Cliff
or you can cut the original mount with a dremel to make it 1 1/4 in larger to accept the 5 1/4 speakers. also, check your mounting dept before you cut. the speaker mount has a curve in it that shows the max dept. for a 6 1/2in speaker, you can also cut the mount or you will need to go by the way above unless you dont mind drilling your door.
got drift?
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

I live in Australia, i was told i can buy speaker pods for my door that are universal and fit any car, and i can mount my 6 inch speakers that way, do they exist and where can i buy them, online or in aus, either will do.

Thankyou.
panther

Post by panther »

I removed my door panel last week to replace the window cables which had snapped. I used a small flatblade screwdriver which I bent slightly to fit between the winder. A bit of trial & error but eventually the thing popped off. Just be careful you don't lose the clip as it flirts off into the distance. When fitting back together I forgot to replace the plastic washer that fits between the handle.
quetzaldaewoo

Post by quetzaldaewoo »

Some questions:

What is the maximum allowed speaker depht without mounting spacer rings ?

Should I use spacers, what is the clearance between speaker mount and the door panel ?

Are spacer rings available as generic adapter parts, or I will need to cut myself on mdf/multilayer wood ? Can I cut directly in 1/2" wood , or is better use some layer of thinner wood, and try for correct spacer height ?

Thank you.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

all these fancy tools for removing window winders.......
when i did speakers in a friends corolla i used one of these high tech tools to remove the winders
a tea towel is all you need, just slide it under and the clip pops out
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."