What is This????????

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

karim
Junior

Post by karim »

Don't you think will be better to change the oil after that too, because I think the oil will get dirty too am I right.
MMamdouh wrote:1- the pic is from Chris' Lanos during the head gasket job he did.

2- the intake gets oiled up due to the crank case breather so this is a normal consequence... some people put an oil catch can to reduce the amount of oil being spitted into the intake.

3- i have cleaned my intake before and it made the car perform better. :wink:

all i did is get the TB off the intake (i cleaned it as well) and then sprayed all the interior parts of the intake with GUNK carb medic till it was crystal clean... now all the dirt have flooded into the bottom of the intake and into the combustion chamber.
http://www.gunk.com/CAT_M4814.asp

i then sprayed some fuel into the intake to wrens the passages and accumulate the dirt at the pistons then i removed all 4 spark plugs and the coil pack socket and cranked the engine.

the pistons forced out the dirty fuel/carb medic mixture out of the engine and the chambers are now empty... i left the spark plugs off for some 15 min. to evaporate any extra fuel then put every thing back on and tested the car... all that dirt really robs from the car's performance.

if you ever though of doing that remember to do it on a cold engine, remove coil pack socket, do it in a well ventilated space and keep a fire extinguisher handy.

it seem like a crazy idea but it really works and the other alternative would be taking the whole intake off the car.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

didn't really get your question but i always do such cleanup job during the oil change so i always end up wit ha really freshened up enfine.

if you mean that this cleanup will contaminate the oil then no... this cleanup doesn't affect your engine oil in anyway, the dirt and cleaner goies from the intake through the combustionchamber and out through the spark plug holes.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
karim
Junior

Post by karim »

I thought it will effect the oil.
MMamdouh wrote:didn't really get your question but i always do such cleanup job during the oil change so i always end up wit ha really freshened up enfine.

if you mean that this cleanup will contaminate the oil then no... this cleanup doesn't affect your engine oil in anyway, the dirt and cleaner goies from the intake through the combustionchamber and out through the spark plug holes.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

not really... the cleaner passage got no access to the engine oil plus the GUNK carb medic is rather volatile as well as fuel so it got no time to leak through the piston rings and contaminate the oil.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267