Feedback on KUMHO Ecsta 712 tires

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Feedback on KUMHO Ecsta 712 tires

Post by MMamdouh »

any one got feedback on those tires? good? bad?

ImageImage
ImageImage

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i love them. just put a brand new set on the other day. now i will say they're not the best on snow or ice but i doubt you'll have to worry about that.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

Umm.. im not sure, but i think it's going to be discontinued. If it hasnt already. Supposed to be getting replaced by another super high perfomance tire i believe. It's either that one or the 711. If it is the one getting discontinued, if you ever have a problem with it, replacing it wih the same may prove to be difficult.

All that aside, they're decent tires. Tent to cup a bit more than others, but with proper tire rotation, that can be minumized. Decent stable tire, good cornering, below average wear.
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
Neon Driver

Post by Neon Driver »

I got 3 hard seasons out of mine, and they held up very well for the money. Price wise they can't be beat. If you have some mad money I would suggest the Toyo Proxes T1-s. I am running these now as my summer tires and they are killer!

AC
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

Whats the size you're looking at?
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

195/50/15

MMamdouh
SickDrift
Junior

Post by SickDrift »

Yeah, you will be happy. Go for em! What tire do you have now?
LG
2001 Leganza
Completely stock brutha!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I had them in 14's on stock wheels... they were the best. Good overall quality, and the tread life is awesome.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I've had Kumhos for a while on my Daewoo. Out of 4 sets of tires I've had on there, the Kumhos are hands down the best. They are very sticky yet have very good tread life which allows for good cornering and acceleration. Also, these tires are not prone to squealing in hard take-offs or tight corners.

I really like them.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

SickDrift wrote:Yeah, you will be happy. Go for em! What tire do you have now?
i have now 185/60/14 GT Radial's champiro GTX 65

i am just asking about the Ecsta as my friend Aymoon was getting some 15" rims and when i mentioned the Ecsta the guy at the tires shop said they suck!!

i was sure i saw so many people say they are great so i wanted to double chek that that guy was just stupid.

MMamdouh
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

I had these tires before a sidewall puncture ended it all.

My impressions? They are fantastic on the dry. However, they work better when they are warmed up. Don't attempt any pranks on the wet though or you get an Initial-D situation. There is substantial lateral movement on wet roads (a lot of rains here). Tire noise is as expected for a UHP tire.

Now I use sucky Falken ZiEx 326. Great for the everyday commute but it isn't exactly quiet.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i have 711 series and i love them!! until i riped the side out of one when my wheel fell off..... :shock: didnt do any damage to the fender but the rim got alittle messed up..
DaewoLeganza
banned

Post by DaewoLeganza »

Couldn't help but post... Nitto NT555 22540R18 tires on me
the car drives so much better in the rain than the stock leganza tires
u can basically jack the curb at 40 90 degrees with pure stick

will post pictures soon... the camera has been ordered and is on its way
Very sry to call people names before
Learned my lesson and will never do it again :)

Mod List to be taken

18" Enkei RS5 with Nitto NT555 2254018 (installed) awesome wheels... used but the best 700 dollars spent for the car (the car hardly understeers as bad or not anymore in any condition) the 2254018s 1.2" longer on circumference than the stock (70 on the OD = 71+ real)
UD Pulley (installed... better shifts on the high rpms... before when u hit 5 to 6250rpm the car tends to be slower than the other cars even tho the other cars r not on full throttle but with the UD the car tends to keep it pushin)
4 cross drilled and slotted rotors came but have to be rezinced because its not totally done properly but the seller told me to send em back so he can rezinc em more fully than now
The B+Gs still never came in so im askin for the refund... still bein processed and almost chose to buy the G-tech SS or RR but then found out maybe its not really worth it because the road has to be levels perfectly to do the perfect ET run (contemplatin on whether to buy intrax B+Gs or Eibachs... still not sure)
4 Angel rings with White 40k Mcd LEDs 2 on each ring 2 on each headlight in series
The Fuel Saver which makes multiple sparks and it does work because my 0 to 60 time seems much much faster (international)
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (the spark plugs tend to make the car shift harder or better than the Bosch... the Bosch sounded faster but comparin the sound files on the same runs on the same time of day the Denso was faster)
Copper Ground Wires off JDM
8000k Texon Fog Light Bulbs with Clear white lenses (will install later)
5800k 9006 Low Beam Bulbs
Removed the Projector Lenses for better bulb seeing (the light tends to scatter from the front but its sweeter (the H-Beams and the fog lights take over the front and sides)
Custom Cold Air Intake (wanted cold air than short ram because the power tends to now bog as bad when u drive extensively... the stock splash guard keeps the water from hittin the Filter plus its pretty high up from the ground)
Puttin on some international PCV enchancer mod to spread out the hydrocarbons (should work)
Puttin on 2 or 3 strong magnetic for the Fuel line to ionnize the fuel particles for better flow or to prep it for better fuel combustion than before the ionnized fuel process
Flowmaster Delta 40 Series Exhaust with the XtremeFlow Cat Converter(out flows Random) (since the start)
Custom LED switches that switch on when u turn on the angel rings and the Fog lights (2 separate for each for better control)
The performance X-module (tends to give the power when 1-2 2-3 more of the time than before)
Pioneer 80W RMS rear speakers 6x9 or 9x6 (Shaun knows because we used to talk)
Boss 80x4 RMS headunit double din with CD player + Tape Deck
New Blue Spark Plug wires
New Valve cover gasket installed by me twice because some rubber was preventin me from tightenin the plugs so i had to use the metal hanger to remove it
Removed the Resistor mod then put back on the Temp Sensor (seems newer because of the design)
Fuel Additives of Course = Restore 4 Proline Engine Treatment Valve Quieter Castrol Synthetic 5W30 Lucas Performance Oil Stabilizer Valvoline SYN Throttle Body Cleaner SYN Fuel 3 Step
Well there could be more but thats all that i could remember...

The strut bar from sharkracing to but that was on the car for the longest time
the Cameras on its way
the 4 angel rings at night with the white LEDs r pretty sweet

heres the new sound files with the UD Pulley full throttle no BS 0 to 77 but not with the Spark Enhancer (Fuel Saver) the Spark Enhancer tended to the car run through the revs faster

http://members.aol.com/futuremark2/recording14.wav