CHNDROSE: 05 Suzuki Reno S

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

Of course my friend is available for me to use her Photobucket thing right after I posted. Found this pic on the net. The tread pattern should be pretty good for most of the weather I encounter during the year (heavy rains, snows, ice).

Rose

Light without shadow is blindness.
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

54,000 miles and going strong. Will probably get some work done next year now that most of the med bills are out of the way. Two main issues-- interior weatherstripping popping out on the windshield and the passenger air bag appears to have a malfunction (idiot light in on and the indicator next to the clock on the dash does not light up anymore). Out of warranty so that will have to wait a bit.
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

61,000 miles and no major problems except for the deer I clipped coming home one night. $350 for a new headlight and installation. That one hurt. However, except for the headlight and a few scratches, the car came out relatively unscathed. Next up for her will be a timing belt replacement. Still mulling over the suspension and what I might want done.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

CHNDROSE wrote:61,000 miles and no major problems except for the deer I clipped coming home one night. $350 for a new headlight and installation. That one hurt. However, except for the headlight and a few scratches, the car came out relatively unscathed. Next up for her will be a timing belt replacement. Still mulling over the suspension and what I might want done.
Only $350 for a reno projecotr from the dealer? wow! not bad price.

You should just get apex springs when I put them on ebay and let the bug bite.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

Wish that I could. I am on top of my old med bills now but still have a ways to go before they are cleared. Suspension work will not be for another 2 years but it is the next big thing that I want for the car. :)
Tony the Tiger

Post by Tony the Tiger »

The CF touches really give the car a lot more detail :)
CHNDROSE
Junior

Post by CHNDROSE »

It took me a bit to get used to seeing it but I think that the CF looks great with the black car, not so sure how well it would go with another colour.

Update:

The tires I posted the pic on are about gone, just about slicks and that is all. Saving up to replace them this year.

The car is still going strong at 87,000 miles. Yes 87K miles on the car and it may have 90K by the time she hits 4 in January even though she will be garaged for a month while I am away on holiday.

Gas mileage has improved. Recent trip I averaged over 37 miles per gallon on the highway. I checked and rechecked the numbers and kept track on the way up and on the way back. The second fill took 13.003 gallons of gas and ran over $43USD.
CHNDROSE
Junior

Re: CHNDROSE: 05 Suzuki Reno S

Post by CHNDROSE »

Now approaching 116,000 miles on my little Reno. Actually was looking to replace her for a bit but the economy is really bad right now so not a time to buy a car. Going to get her timing belt and water pump changed again.

She has an oil leak somewhere. Replaced the oil pan gasket and that slowed the leak to the point where I am only adding a quart or two every few months.

Fuel filter needs to be replaced. Ditto air filter and spark plugs and wire set. Oh and time for the brakes to be done.

Still running with the original battery.

Down to the last bill to pay off and then will have to decide whether or not to keep her or pick up a new car in 2011.

Everyone who drivers her has asked to let me know if I sell the car, they love her. :)