Someone keyed my car AGAIN!****PICS****

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Someone keyed my car AGAIN!****PICS****

Post by AcingTeam »

Ok, this time same place... same car (duh). This time they keyed the hood... and I'm not talking about 10" scratches.... that's the whole hood (from the grill to the windshield). The whole drivers side (from headlight to taillight)... and the roof (from windshield to spoiler).
So, this time the whole car is a mess.

Called the cops, watched a video with the security guy, EVEN the cop himself knows the guy. The only thing is that the outside camera was not working. We only saw them checking out. BUT, Doug (the guy I work with) saw them do it, he had a little chat with them before they left (basically he stopped them). So I got a witness and Doug identified them from the camera where they were checking out.

So there's a good chance that we'll catch the guy.

BTW the guy is driving a nice RX-8 with aftermarket wheels. The officer said that now it only depends on Doug how far it goes... it better go as far as paying off my newely repainted car (that's not going to be cheap).

Most important thing is that I don't even know the guy, have never spoken to him... wtf?? Why do people do such stupid things... now he's risking his brand new RX-8 for no reason.

Last edited by AcingTeam on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Sorry about the dipshit vadalizing your woo. Goodluck on the proscuting the guy. Hope justice gets done. Give him what he deserves. Hopefully in return you get the RX-8 :lol:
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hell time to open up the older thread and start taking some advice from it. at least after you get your money. but that really and truly sux man. especially if you didn't know the guy and he just felt like having fun. i'd press charges to the fullest extent. not sure how far it can go but i'm sure you can at least get a little more money than the paint job itself since you'll be out of a car for a few days. paint:$2000 plus an extra $1000 for hardship.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

lanos2001 wrote:hell time to open up the older thread and start taking some advice from it. at least after you get your money. but that really and truly sux man. especially if you didn't know the guy and he just felt like having fun. i'd press charges to the fullest extent. not sure how far it can go but i'm sure you can at least get a little more money than the paint job itself since you'll be out of a car for a few days. paint:$2000 plus an extra $1000 for hardship.

nick
That would be very nice, I should contact my lawyer.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i had an interest in law but no interest in the schooling for it. :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

damn that sucks, good luck with everything.
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

You should take the money you get for a settlement...

don't repaint your car....

pull off all your aftermarket stuff and sell it all...

buy a Nubira Hatchback

Then I will trade you your lanos (and old Nubira 2.0L engine) for a fully rebuilt turbo 2.0L 16V running 300whp.

So.... you'd get a 300WHP turbo Nubria Hatchback for next to nothing ( since the settlement and sales of your parts should get you a decent Nubira )

Just an idea.... thought I'd try and give you a "silver lining"
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

just a thought, are you aware what brake fluid can do to an RX-8's paint job? :D :twisted: that is total bull sh_t what he did
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

brake fluid is evil :twisted: ..... but then if the cops suspect you did it.... he might not get money out of this RX8 guy.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah i know i was only jokeing, but that is total bull sh_t. wtf is he jealouse of the woo? does he fear it? (he should)
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I don't get the whole idea of taking your aggressions out on someone's car. They don't know who did it and they don't know why they did it, so what gain does that have. Does he feel better about himself or something? Does he really hate Daewoos enough to go out and key the car? Jesus Christ, if you hate my car that much, just wait by it until I show up. Then you can tell me that you think it sucks alot. I'm sure you would feel better, and I would feel better too after I'd hit you.

Just resolve this through a nice civil suit with the police, take several grand from the guy, and be on your merry way. I love America for the simple fact that even relatively little issues hold up in court. In Bosnia we would deal with this on our own. Both ways offer equal satisfaction, but it is pretty much a thing of preference.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

EDIT

But hopefully it'll resolve the mature way for me to just get a nice settlement.

Chris, you sort of lost me there... you mean trade the Nubira Hatch for a Lanos that's 300whp? hehe sounds good to me!

P.S. I'll post some pics up tomorrow for you guys to see.
Last edited by AcingTeam on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

The ceramic in a spark plug, when thrown properly at a window, won't make a hole, it'll shatter the fuck out of it.

So go ahead. Buy a few cheap spark plugs, crack em open, and get ready for a fiesta if he doesn't pay up.

EDIT:: I got a better swap for ya, your scratched up car for my kickass 1.5i. :D
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

cpd wrote:The ceramic in a spark plug, when thrown properly at a window, won't make a hole, it'll shatter the fuck out of it.

So go ahead. Buy a few cheap spark plugs, crack em open, and get ready for a fiesta if he doesn't pay up.

EDIT:: I got a better swap for ya, your scratched up car for my kickass 1.5i. :D
Yes! That's exactly what I heard... it shatters the whole window without breaking it.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Well, the pics are up guys... sorry the car is so dirty, it's winter. I cleaned the scratched areas so you can see scratches better. Some scratches are hard to see because of the glare/reflections... but you get the idea...