HELP! Battery and Brake Indicator both on... Alt? Wiring?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CustomVW

HELP! Battery and Brake Indicator both on... Alt? Wiring?

Post by CustomVW »

I found another post, but he got no answer.....

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2807
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

if you can start it go to autozone to get both the battery and the alternator checked to see if they're good or not. they do it for free.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
bluecube

Post by bluecube »

Your alternator is probably not charging the battery enough. I had the same problem with my Cielo. Sometimes when you rev the engine a bit the light will go off. This is because the alternator is on it's way out and is only charging part of the amount it should. Also with the brake light, mine did the same thing but it was only the alternator. Can be changed yourself, not too hard. Get one from a wrecker. Mine cost me $40 Australian Dollars.
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

bluecube wrote:Your alternator is probably not charging the battery enough. I had the same problem with my Cielo. Sometimes when you rev the engine a bit the light will go off. This is because the alternator is on it's way out and is only charging part of the amount it should. Also with the brake light, mine did the same thing but it was only the alternator. Can be changed yourself, not too hard. Get one from a wrecker. Mine cost me $40 Australian Dollars.
I thought you had to remove engine mount and a bunch of stuff to change Leganza alternator? Anyone know if there is any GM alt that would be a cheap replacement? All the Leganza alts i find are $199+
tango

Post by tango »

bluecube wrote:Your alternator is probably not charging the battery enough. I had the same problem with my Cielo. Sometimes when you rev the engine a bit the light will go off. This is because the alternator is on it's way out and is only charging part of the amount it should. Also with the brake light, mine did the same thing but it was only the alternator. Can be changed yourself, not too hard. Get one from a wrecker. Mine cost me $40 Australian Dollars.
Had that very thing happen to me twice in my Cielo. The cause? Ultimately I had a leaking gasket that caused oil to be thrown up into the alternator. This contamination killed it. Twice.
Cogito ergo sum...