only getting 200 miles for a full tank....

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

During city driving, with an automatic, PWR mode on, and occasionally pushing the car, I get about 320 miles per tank. It goes up quite a bit if I take it easy. I can get 380-390 miles per tank if I keep the RPM low.

BTW, this is with 197K miles and at least 1 bad injector.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah i only ge like 23 miles to a gallon :( in the city
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well it looks like I am in need of some serious maintence.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Gaulois

Post by Gaulois »

I am surprise, I have an 01 Lanos, I do mostly Hwy driving, my worst is 35mpg my best when driving
55mph is 40mpg. But this is no picnic, but I am very motivated, and now I want to try getting 41mpg and I believe it is doable.
Btw, I have 65000miles on it. Using Fram filter (will try Supertech next time as the bike loves it) and Mobil 1 synthec 10w30. Also, the day I switched from Dino oil to full synthec, my milage got better by 1mpg.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I've been getting around 30-34 mpg depending on my driving. Though that should change now that I have ultra-light wheels on there now :D
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

daewoomofo wrote:yeah i only ge like 23 miles to a gallon :( in the city
My Lanos' gas mileage is pathetic and I do mostly highway driving. My most recent MPG check was.... oh about 19MPG. If I fill up, I only get around 150-175 miles off it. However, I need an oil change, complete timing belt job (hasnt been done at all and I'm at 94k), and probably quite a few other things as well. Not running right now as I hit something on the highway that completely destroyed one of my rims and its not in production anymore.

On that note, I'm looking for one 17" Konig Verdict with the Opal coloring if anyone can help me out with that.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

scarr wrote: ...complete timing belt job (hasnt been done at all and I'm at 94k)...
you are pushing your luck way too far.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

I waited until about 93k miles to have my belt changed and it was still in top notch shape when it was done too.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Still not a good idea... you're talking about hundreds of dollars in repairs if it does snap... on top of having to replace the belt. Much better to replace the belt in a timely fashion as opposed to becoming another woo being sold for parts because the owner can't be bothered to get the valves replaced after a snap...
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

my friend has a 2002 1.4L barina (embarassing...) anyrate, he was getting poor consumption and his car wasnt idling and stalling at idle and all that. Anyway, as it turns out his fuel filter was blocked because it was so dirty. Change your fuel filter and run some injector cleaer through it first, because new injectors may be jumping to conclusions
Last edited by woo on Mon May 22, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

MMamdouh wrote:
scarr wrote: ...complete timing belt job (hasnt been done at all and I'm at 94k)...
you are pushing your luck way too far.

MMamdouh
The reason I haven't changed it yet is because the only mechanic (other than myself) has been in Iraq for going on 3 years. Every shop I've taken my Lanos to for a quote on the job is completely ridiculous. Haven't found a shop yet that will do it for less than $650.
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

come to Sheperds Suzuki at Richmond, Kentucky, they can do it for $257 and if you want your pump all belts replaced also, total $ 346.00 thats what i like about kentucky, you could use the money saved from the other estimate and make it over here,any where in ky should have a dealership or come to richmond.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

come to Sheperds Suzuki at Richmond, Kentucky, they can do it for $275 and if you want your pump and belts replaced also, total $ 366.00 thats what i like about kentucky, you could use the money saved from the other estimate and make it over here,any where in ky should have a dealership or come to richmond. I estimated the price a litle higher, so you will have things left over. I know because when i get a new job, i needtoget all of that replaced.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
Max

Up this topic.

Post by Max »

My 1.5AT eats a lot of petrol too, arount 15L/100KM! I think it should be about 9 litres reasonably.

Any successful work by changing o2 sensor or filter ....etc ??

It is strange when I turn on the engine , the fuel meter will drop a little within a few minutes.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i have the dropping needle issue too... seems to be an inherent thing with those cars.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267