Lanos 2.2L turbo

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Intimidator

Post by daewooluvr »

Deathwind wrote:The Hyundai Tiburon's genuine ECU. Siemens SAM2000.

In Nubira 2.2L turbo. We used it as Full-con. But most of cars uses SAM2000 for sub-con
How did you make this work with our sensors and such? More info is definately needed.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

mmamdouh wrote:isn't that too much psi for stock internals?? i am not the turbo expert here but it was mentioned quit a few times that the max psi you can go on stock internals is some 6-7 psi... right?

MMamdouh
6-7 psi is the "safe" level for a totally stock engine.... with a thicker head gasket and lower compression like they did on this car the limit is where things start to break..... which is somewhat unknown at this point.... I'd guess the rods are the first weak spot.... probably break up past 250whp.

I'm still contemplating the idea of using totally stock internals and a thick multilayer MLS head gasket (to reduce compression)

The problem is my T3/T4 turbo is huge.... and it's better suited for 300WHP than 200WHP.

The only problem with a thicker head gasket is that it changes the timing of the cams by a few degrees..... so adjustable cam gears are needed to correct this. ( car will still run fine with the cams out a bit.... but to tune it for max power you'd want to have adjustability )
Last edited by PrecisionBoost on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Oh.... and good job Deathwind / Intimidator...... looks like a nice healthy Dyno curve.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Deathwind
Junior

Intimidator

Post by Deathwind »

Except for the transmission.

The engine parts were okay with up to 300 HP.

And daewooluvr.

We cannot tell you everything(it's impossible to tell you online :o ) but we added some more sensors like Crank position sensor and we used it as sub-ECU.

In this car there are two ECUs. One from stock Daewoo's and SAM2000 to control the engine.