Sparkplug wires & sparkplugs?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

Can the sparkplug gap be change to bigger gap?

My car sparkplug gap is 0.044

What happens if I make the gap bigger?
T18SED Engine.

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Q: Is the correct spark plug gap important?

Always use factory recomended gaps unless the engine has been modified. The manufacturer has designed the complete ignition system as a package; the voltage and timing of the spark from the ignition system is tailored for a specific plug gap. Changing the gap can lead to intermittent misfirng, which will foul the plug.
When altering the gap size for high performance ignition modifications, never go more than +/- 0.008" from the stock setting because the gap surfaces between the ground and the center electrode may not be parallel for larger changes. Higher compression or boosted engines generally require a smaller plug gap and a higher ignition voltage.

quoted from http://dodgeram.org/tech/gas/spark_plugs/s_plug_faq.htm
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I think the forenza would benifit pretty well from wires..but not plugs
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

daftmajin wrote: WTF. Uhhh. No it won't. Aren't you the one that knows all about what makes a car sound the way it does? Spark plugs won't make your car sound like a bike. NGK... the brand.... they make all sorts of spark plugs. They probably even make plugs for lawn mowers. I hope you are not thinking the spark plugs that fit your Leganza will fit onto a bike.
well now you have to rember daewoo also use NGK as ome, mazda uses the twin ground if you check my earlier post for the rotary engine, that is only made by NGK and denso (NGK is stock). toyota uses that same plug as OME till they changed over to a SPECIAL irdium plug all made by NGK. not just sport bikes and some car's come with them. NGK is actualy OME parts for your car.

as for which is better NGK and DENSO i used both personaly i can say i cant tell a damn diffrence. i notice a diffrence using twin ground NGK and DENSO's over the bosch +4 but thats not the battle.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

chronoti wrote:
daftmajin wrote: WTF. Uhhh. No it won't. Aren't you the one that knows all about what makes a car sound the way it does? Spark plugs won't make your car sound like a bike. NGK... the brand.... they make all sorts of spark plugs. They probably even make plugs for lawn mowers. I hope you are not thinking the spark plugs that fit your Leganza will fit onto a bike.
well now you have to rember daewoo also use NGK as ome, mazda uses the twin ground if you check my earlier post for the rotary engine, that is only made by NGK and denso (NGK is stock). toyota uses that same plug as OME till they changed over to a SPECIAL irdium plug all made by NGK. not just sport bikes and some car's come with them. NGK is actualy OME parts for your car.

as for which is better NGK and DENSO i used both personaly i can say i cant tell a damn diffrence. i notice a diffrence using twin ground NGK and DENSO's over the bosch +4 but thats not the battle.
Yeah when i went to the dealer to buy some new plugs I saw that they were NGK.
Mine says NGK R what does the R mean??

And it is OEM not OME. :D
T18SED Engine.

kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

rr__kroz123 wrote:Yeah when i went to the dealer to buy some new plugs I saw that they were NGK.
Mine says NGK R what does the R mean??

And it is OEM not OME. :D
Anyone knows?? :?:
T18SED Engine.

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no idea man... if its an NGK then its an NGK, why don't you ask the dealer if he knows the difference? can you lockup that on the NGK site??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

mmamdouh wrote:no idea man... if its an NGK then its an NGK, why don't you ask the dealer if he knows the difference? can you lockup that on the NGK site??

MMamdouh
Ok man yeah I'll look it up
T18SED Engine.