2.0L Engine Name decoded

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

2.0L Engine Name decoded

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Here is the decoder chart for the 2.0L engine... so the C20SED and T20SED are the same exact engine but with different ECU management (OBD II compliant ECU vs Plain ECU )

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The second tech image I have posted in the Album section should finally put to rest the whole Nubira engine swap into a Lanos question once and for all.....here is a diagram of the Nubira 2.0L engine from my technical manual....the three bolt holes I have shown in red exist on all other 2.0L engines including the Pontiac LeMans C20NE (which is the non-turbo 8V version of the Sunbird Turbo C20GET engine)

So with the LeMans C20NE mount this Nubira engine will fit into the Lanos with zero engine mount modifications.

mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Good inf man. (for those w\ lamos, most of you 8) )

You will try the swap?
ImageImage
seattlelanos

Post by seattlelanos »

Hey,
Thanks a bunch for doing the research. So, no mount mods required. So, can you tell me once and for all if the nubira engine would work with the Lanos transmission. And finally, if it will, then the most hard thing will be to wire up the Nubira engine, since none of the harnesses will work. WIRING WILL BE HARD?? Thanks.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

In another post some one already said that yo can use the nbira trany.
ImageImage
seattlelanos

Post by seattlelanos »

But, is there no way of keeping the Lanos transmission? And if you do us the Nubira transmission, do all other components like CVs have to be switched out? Thanks.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

you can keep your D16 and CV joints... everything bolts on... 8)

you only have to use the Lemans 2.0 mount.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
seattlelanos

wiring

Post by seattlelanos »

Does anyone have any experience on wiring. Just how much wiring will I have to do to make the Nubira engine work in a Lanos and what will I have to swap out in the electrical system?? Please let me know. This seems like something I might do this summer. Thanks for your help. :P
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm an electronics engineering tech and I have about 10 years worth of automotive wiring (mostly car audio installation) experience.

For me this job is a day or two at most but for you I'm guessing a week to a month depending on your wiring skill level.

Wiring is nearly impossible unless you have all the documentation (wiring diagrams) for both engines before you start.

I personally would draw out a new wiring diagram to figure out which wires need to be removed and which need to stay several days or weeks in advance of attempting the swap.

Unfortunatly you will run into situations were half a bundle of wires will be sensor wires and half will be for normal internal car functions like windshield wipers and fuel pump.

I personally plan to use as much of the Lanos's stock wiring as possible, I'm going to find the connector sockets and plugs for the wiring and make "adapter" harnesses which simply plug into the existing wiring harness.

I'm guessing it will take me a few weeks to plan out all the wire routing an pin outs on paper but it should make the job really easy.

Too bad I'm not using a Nubira OBD II ECU otherwise I could sell you the adapters and give you instructions once I do my own wiring.