only getting 200 miles for a full tank....

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

delphis
Expert

only getting 200 miles for a full tank....

Post by delphis »

so ya exactally what the post said, I was thinking it should upwards of almost 300 miles. Any way to improve this? I haven't replaced injectors or fuel pump yet and there is over 90k miles on the car, any suggestions of an afterrmarket fuel pump and good injectors?

thanks
timmay
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

How many gallons does the tank hold?

You have a lanos, right? When i drive decently i get 27-28mpg in my forenza which is 370+ miles a tank. 14.5 gallons and i usually have at least a gallon left when i fill up
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

kinkyllama wrote:How many gallons does the tank hold?

You have a lanos, right? When i drive decently i get 27-28mpg in my forenza which is 370+ miles a tank. 14.5 gallons and i usually have at least a gallon left when i fill up
Lanos tanks hold a little more than 12.5 gallons I believe.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Since the lanos is lighter and has a smaller engine you should be getting well over 300miles! Whats your driving like?

I can get 400 miles a tank if i drive good... but latly ive been shifting later (holiday traffic) and am getting like 265miles a tank
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

my driving is normal not gettin to crazy with revving up to high rpms or anythiing, yet I have never changed my fuel pump, fuel filter, or injectors and I think that is what the problem might be.
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

geezzz.....my car must suck on gas too, i barely get 28-30 mpg. and thats mostly highway.
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

well I just did the calculation, and I am only getting roughly 16 mpg and I know my car should be getting wayyyyyy more than that.

Does anyone know where I can get some better injectors that are too expensive? I went gm-car-parts.com and they wanted 58$ for each injector! :shock:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

delphis wrote: Does anyone know where I can get some better injectors that are too expensive? I went gm-car-parts.com and they wanted 58$ for each injector! :shock:
I wouldnt get better..just OEM. But 58 bucks seams very high. Have you ever put fuel injector cleaner in your gas? That'd probably help alot
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

me and Delphis in the same boat poor gasmilage for the lose... :x when i'm nice to my car and basically only do freeway driving (constant 70 mph on cruise control) i get about 250-270miles (18MPG) per tank... if i'm hard on it, i only get around 220 (16mpg), which isn't much less... and if it's all city driving... well it goes down from there (16 mpg nice city driving and 13~Ish mpg hard city mixed with nice driving)
a woo that is a work in progress
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

kinkyllama wrote:
delphis wrote: Does anyone know where I can get some better injectors that are too expensive? I went gm-car-parts.com and they wanted 58$ for each injector! :shock:
I wouldnt get better..just OEM. But 58 bucks seams very high. Have you ever put fuel injector cleaner in your gas? That'd probably help alot
Ya I have and it helped only for a little bit but then it went right back down, I think i just need to replace the pump filter and injectors.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

my friend knows a place that can rebuild all 4 of your injectors for 50$, which is a nice price, but if you need the car to get places, thats not going to work out very nicely...

~Kyle
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

ya I will just buy new ones, it is no big deal, i would rather have brand new than rebuilt. :)
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

yeah i'd love to have new ones too...
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

Post by UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM »

i was getting 160-180mpg from a 1.6 lanos, had exhaust, and air filter. that was mostly town driving. the MPG is shit, im getting more from my TYPE R civic, thats 200bhp!!!!!!!!!
for uk street racing, check www.essexracers.com
whiptastic_nubira

Post by whiptastic_nubira »

on a full tank of gas (12 gallons) i can go to the beach and back and cruise around while im down there...i wanna say its almot 200 miles to get there...about 40-50 cruisin miles...and 200 back...so thats around 400-450 miles. all highway miles..except for the cruising around. i could probably do that on 3/4 tank..if im not racing around.