did i broke my enfine?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

fernand187pr

did i broke my enfine?

Post by fernand187pr »

how should i know if i broke my engine?
here is what happens to me, i was driving my car and then a really loud sound start and i turn it off... then a guy stop to help me and he said that my engine was fuk up, but a week ago i change the oil filter and the oil so the car can't be running without oil, the i start it again and when driving the car start throwing a bunch of dark smoke and the he stop running, the car was on because it accelerate and i hear the cai but it doesn't run? someone can tell me what da fuk happens to my car?
(a tip) i remove the cai and i find oil in it?
I need help, and i have a woo lanos 99 sx 1.6 with 39k miles... i still in engine warranty, would the warranty cover this? the warranty is in the inside components of the engine HELP
darkw00

Post by darkw00 »

u should call ur dealer and find out if the warranty will cover the damages
show it
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

you might want to consider removing any modifications and getting the car's engine back to stock appearance. ( remove things like your CAI)

This way the dealer can't say that the problem was due to your modifications to the engine.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Hmm sound a little like if the timing belt was broque or if your engine block cap was bloke. Hmmm go to the dealer. Do not try to turn it on again.
ImageImage
fernand187pr

Post by fernand187pr »

thankx... i already remove the modifications... i call to the dealer and they told me that i still have warranty in engine and trasnmision so the have to fix it or not?
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

yes, they have.
ImageImage
fernand187pr

Post by fernand187pr »

ok daewoo didn't cover my engine so i have to fix it and pay for it... did there is another engine that i can put on mi woo, from a nubira or a leganza?
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

what was wrong with your engine?
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

man yes we have talking about the swap for like 2 weeks. You can use a nubira engine.
ImageImage
NjLanos

Post by NjLanos »

sounds similar to the problem i had check your thermostat it was cheap got a new one for like $20 on the internet... its hard to tell in daewoos tho if it broke... hope i helped a bit...
Da WoO, NoT ManY ArounD CentraL JerseY