Just noticed something that doesn't look or feel right...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
Aneab wrote:So today i took out my fuel rail and injectors... Turns out one of my o rings was demolished... (cut into two peices) I replaced two of them, as one other was cracking... I'm not sure if that would be the problem you described but definately one of the injectors didn't look like the others... it was the same injector same shape same exact size, even had the same part number, but it was missing some stuff like the red little ring that goes aronud the outside to show you that side is pointed down... My friend told me to get my injectors rebuilt by the same people he had his done by, for 50$ they work like new... so i may do that this month...

~Kyle
really? should upgrade my fuel injectors wires filter and spark plugs... r there performance filters and which fuel injectors do u people recommend for my modded leganza? how much would the total for the 4 best fuel injectors and some performance fuel filter?
honestly dude i dunno sorry... I dont know bout leggy's... I barely know about nubiras...

~kyle
a woo that is a work in progress
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Could that o-ring have been the culprit? My friend said it might've been it... but what's your opinions?

~Kyle
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it might be... replace it and try the car... theoretically it is allowing more air into the engine tha is not accounted for thus causing problems, you won't know for sure till it is fixed and fully tested.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I'll take it out on the freeway this afternoon and test it out, give you some more feedback...

~Kyle
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I wanna take another shot out there to thank you all who are very helpful and productive in your posting to any problem that people ask... without you guys a lot of questions would go unanswered... Thanks again for the help... I really appreciate it.

~Kyle
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

any time man... glad we could help you.

MMamdouh
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Aneab wrote:I wanna take another shot out there to thank you all who are very helpful and productive in your posting to any problem that people ask... without you guys a lot of questions would go unanswered... Thanks again for the help... I really appreciate it.

~Kyle
u suck up
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
Aneab wrote:I wanna take another shot out there to thank you all who are very helpful and productive in your posting to any problem that people ask... without you guys a lot of questions would go unanswered... Thanks again for the help... I really appreciate it.

~Kyle
u suck up
OH yeah? and what does that make you??... at least the man got the manners to thank other people that helped him out.

how old are you dude?? honstly i think you are no older than 14 so if you are not then it is OK to act like this but if you were older then you should feel sorry for your self.

MMamdouh
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Daew0Leganza wrote:

~Kyle
u suck up
WTF??? :evil: dude i haven't done jack to you... at all... what seriously is your problem... and do you honestly think that being a jackass is going to make us want to help you with your stuff... There are a lot of people on this forum who even put up with your stuff, and still attempt to help you and in the end you STILL call them dumbasses...when really I don't think you know anything that you're talking about... There are a lot of very bright technical minds here that actually are willing to help others and when someone helps you, you always turn around and call them a dumbass or make some smart comment... Out of no where you started asking about fuel injectors for a Leganza in a thread that's aimed at trying to help me get my car on track... Which i may be slightly selfish in saying this, but serveral times i got alerts saying that someone replied to my topic that got me excited to see how i could fix my problem only to find that someone was asking about leganza stuff in a thread about a nubira... Just as now dude, I came back to check out if anyone posted something useful but instead i got called a suck-up for thanking someone for their help... If you want to be a jackass thats fine... just don't be a jackass to people who are willing to help you... It will in the end bite you in the ass...

~Kyle
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well said Aneab
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Aneab wrote:Could that o-ring have been the culprit? My friend said it might've been it... but what's your opinions?

~Kyle
If there was a damaged O-Ring that could have caused a manifold leak.... which will cause poor driveability.

Considering each injector is in an individual intake runner the cylinders with the manifold leaks (bad o-rings) would produce different power levels compared to the cylinders with no vacume leaks.... so the car would most likely run a little odd.

Hopefully the rings were the problem.

As far as $50 per injector for rebuilding..... I think new ones aren't a whole lot more ( I could be wrong about this ) you should get a quote from Tom at 360 Dynamics before rebuilding the old ones..... he's ordering OEM Daewoo parts from korea soon so it would be good timing for you if the price of the new injectors was decent.

I just checked www.gm-car-parts.com and they list the injectors as $56.74 per injector.... and I'm sure Tom can beat that.... so you might not want to go with rebuilt injectors.

Or was it $50 for all four injectors???

If it's $50 for all.... then that's a good price
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Actually i hadn't looked online at pricing yet for the fuel injectors... If they're starting at 54$ each hell i'm not rebuilding them... Because it is 50$ PER injector, so why not buy new ones... and not worry about the longer wait... (it takes 2 weeks to ship and rebuild and another 3 days to get them back)

So thanks for bringing this to my attention... A friend of mine was saying his new injectors cost 100$ and that would be about what i'd pay... Glad to know otherwise =)

~Kyle
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Talked to my friend again about that injector rebuilding, it really was 50$ for all four... not each... More viable than i thought originally :)

~Kyle
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

maybe I will have mine rebuilt after I get new ones so I can have back up ones.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

delphis wrote:maybe I will have mine rebuilt after I get new ones so I can have back up ones.
Alright, I'll check it out and get you the info about it later i'll be having mine done soon

~Kyle