govenor

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

govenor

Post by daewoomofo »

how do i remove the 109 mph govenor on a 2001 lanos with a 1.6 dohc? is there any thing to do?or am i stuck at 109?
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

there is no govenor on the woo... you run out of engine steam about there usually. i've had my green woo well over 120, kinky has been faster than that in his forenza
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I think the gearing in the Automatic runs out about there. The engine has plenty left, but when the car shifts into fourth gear @ about 100 mph, it simply runs out of gearing to allow it to go faster. If you want to gain a few extra mph, leave the automatic transmission in D3 instead of D4 until the ECU forces it to shift. You'll be able to get to about 110-115 mph, depending on how well your car breathes and in what condition it is in.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I confirm there's no governor... I've done 120mph personally.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

That would make sense, I got my nubi up to 110, and it wouldn't push any farther... :-/ I was kinda bummed cuz i was only at like 4200 rpm... and plenty of room left on the tach before redline...
a woo that is a work in progress
scarr
Junior

Post by scarr »

I've also had the same problem on my '00 Lanos. I leave it in D3 until the ECU shifts up to fourth, usually at ~110-115. Haven't been able to get any faster than that. Would it be possible for a tranny shop to modify the gear ratios to help with the dropoff in 4th?