possibly my parents r goin to buy me new rims and rotors...

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daew0Leganza
banned

possibly my parents r goin to buy me new rims and rotors...

Post by Daew0Leganza »

for christmas that is... sort of want 17 or 18 5 spoke inch rims with zinc plated cross drilled and slotted rotors... but can u purchase bigger rotors and calipers? or can u only buy the standard ones for 15? could u people tell me the correct sizes?
daftmajin
Expert

Re: possibly my parents r goin to buy me new rims and rotors

Post by daftmajin »

Daew0Leganza wrote:for christmas that is... sort of want 17 or 18 5 spoke inch rims with zinc plated cross drilled and slotted rotors... but can u purchase bigger rotors and calipers? or can u only buy the standard ones for 15? could u people tell me the correct sizes?
I believe rotors are pretty much universal as long as they are the same bolt pattern.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

well you have to rember the caliper. larger disk means your going to have to move the calaper futher from the center of the hub. so long debate if x-drilled or slotted really changes anything. if you want a change get 4 wheel disk and ss lines. those give the biggest improvement. i currently have x-drilled brembo's they are great, slotted are going to kill your breaks faster since they shave the surface down when you use them.

search around and pick whats best for you.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

chronoti wrote:well you have to rember the caliper. larger disk means your going to have to move the calaper futher from the center of the hub. so long debate if x-drilled or slotted really changes anything. if you want a change get 4 wheel disk and ss lines. those give the biggest improvement. i currently have x-drilled brembo's they are great, slotted are going to kill your breaks faster since they shave the surface down when you use them.

search around and pick whats best for you.
can u show me where u bought those? the leganza has 4 disc
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

ebay
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:ebay
thought those werent x drilled
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

http://r1concepts.com/

they don't have any listed... but email em and see what they can do for you. my 4 wheel disc came from them for the race woo (porsche carrera rotors with single lug conversion)
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

sort of like this
not my car tho

how sweet would that be and recommend me any other rims? but those rnt the rims... the ones i want r silver
sort of like this

this one seems the best
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

drilled rotors crack easyier.

It really depends on your brake pads if slotted/drilled would make much of a difference over flat ones. My slotted rotors brake just as good as my stock ones untill you really step on it and they start to get heat in them
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

kinkyllama wrote:drilled rotors crack easyier.

It really depends on your brake pads if slotted/drilled would make much of a difference over flat ones. My slotted rotors brake just as good as my stock ones untill you really step on it and they start to get heat in them
not really much for performance but for show... how r those wheels
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

If you're concerned about the "show" quality, you DEFINATELY want to lower your car or it will looks like crap no matter how good the rims are, and no matter what size they are.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

AcingTeam wrote:If you're concerned about the "show" quality, you DEFINATELY want to lower your car or it will looks like crap no matter how good the rims are, and no matter what size they are.
sort of seems more crappy lowered... the wheels seem to make the car messed up... sort of seems like some grand national
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Trust us.. when you add bigger rims to a car it makes the gap between the wheel and body look muchmuch bigger and crappy.... lower it.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Daew0Leganza wrote:
AcingTeam wrote:If you're concerned about the "show" quality, you DEFINATELY want to lower your car or it will looks like crap no matter how good the rims are, and no matter what size they are.
sort of seems more crappy lowered... the wheels seem to make the car messed up... sort of seems like some grand national
That's because you photoshopped it incorrectly, your photoshop does look more crappy.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Here: