C16NZ Startup problem

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

abdulr76

C16NZ Startup problem

Post by abdulr76 »

Hi,

I have a 1.6 with TBI (mono inj) C16NZ engine, the problem is when I start engine, RPM shoot up to 1600-2000 RPM for few minutes and then back to normal or some time not. This happening very often, so I have to keep-exercising unit it gets normal start.
I have noticed that the ECU light normally flash one time very fast and engine starts normally, and when there is no flash on ECM light, engine rpm shoots up.
I have cleaned IAC valve and replaced, replace MAP, TPS, CTS but use. Disconnected ECU for while and then connect again but no use.

Please help some1.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Re: C16NZ Startup problem

Post by Daew0Leganza »

abdulr76 wrote:Hi,

I have a 1.6 with TBI (mono inj) C16NZ engine, the problem is when I start engine, RPM shoot up to 1600-2000 RPM for few minutes and then back to normal or some time not. This happening very often, so I have to keep-exercising unit it gets normal start.
I have noticed that the ECU light normally flash one time very fast and engine starts normally, and when there is no flash on ECM light, engine rpm shoots up.
I have cleaned IAC valve and replaced, replace MAP, TPS, CTS but use. Disconnected ECU for while and then connect again but no use.

Please help some1.
probably ur spark plugs
daftmajin
Expert

Re: C16NZ Startup problem

Post by daftmajin »

abdulr76 wrote:Hi,

Please help some1.
Get it scanned to see if you have any codes. I am thinking TPS is malfunctioning.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I had a similar problem on the Lemans 1.6 TBI. Turned out to be sticky throttle body butterfly shaft. You will have to dissasemble the TB assembly and clean it up, or replace it. In some cases the shaft is worn out, then your only choice would be replacement.

Also, check and replace the vacuum line as required.

Tom

Post by Daew0Leganza »

360 Dynamics wrote:I had a similar problem on the Lemans 1.6 TBI. Turned out to be sticky throttle body butterfly shaft. You will have to dissasemble the TB assembly and clean it up, or replace it. In some cases the shaft is worn out, then your only choice would be replacement.

Also, check and replace the vacuum line as required.

Tom
my cars vacuum line was disconnected... didnt mess up my performance
abdulr76

Post by abdulr76 »

Thanks All,
I have checked ECM codes, code 12 was displayed, so no all in OK condition. (jumper ALDL point A & B)
However, I have noticed that now engine starts normally.
This is confusing..........

Please advise.

Regards,
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Code 12 is always flashed 3 times at the beginning of the code reading sequence, disregard that. From the looks of it, the ECM appears to be happy.

Post by abdulr76 »

Hi,

After a long checkup, I found the problem is with ECU, so I plan to open it. There was some dry solderings which I have fixed and it seems to be working OK. I noticed that ECU light is flashing after few sec but some time it takes more sec.

To be on the safe side I want to have an ECU, can someone able to help me, from where I can get one. used or new. or anybody intrested in selling C16NZ parts.

Regards,