The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

well the meets wont start til like april or May and the last one is usually like october.
I wish my grass was emo....so it would cut itself
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well kenny... you really made me sad man :(

i wish i was born in a country that really cares for its citizens and offers the best education available... i wanted to do just that when i was young then realized that the best i can be is a mechanical engineer specialized in "fixing" mechanical machines - including cars - but their is no such thing is a designer, builder or such crearive branches... we are always many steps behind.

you don't even get to choose the faculty you want... it is just set according to how much you score on high school so an asshole can be a doctor just because he memorized all the books he got at school and got a high score at tests rather than loving what you study and really wanting to be a doctor.

i loved cars more than i loved anything else in the world... then a few miles behind i love computers, i wanted to study mechanics (the design and performace part) or computers but i ended up beeing an accountant :shock:

now i am working as an AS400 administrator which got nothing to do with accounting so i practically wasted 4 years of my life studying the wrong material... i manage to salvage some of that time by taking computer courses which helped me durin the 2 years i worked as an accountant then 3 years as a system operator.

on my spare time i try to learn more about cars and work on them with my hands, it surly the next best thing after having sex... lack of performance parts, tuners shops and even the basic performace knowlege here is making it even harder for me to learn but i won't give up even if it was the last thing i will do in my life.

anyways it is a great opportunity kenny that you got the chance to learn all that so grab it as hard as you can man... some people got the chance to only dreaming of that. good luck with your studies.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

you need a visa... to come to america to learn auto mechanics stuff :lol:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

if you do get a visa let us know first so you can buy all the cheap parts we need and want then move over here to give to us. :D

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Audacity Racing
moron

haha... no joke. for as cheap as you get parts... you could build a lanos for half the price you could buy one :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote:you need a visa... to come to america to learn auto mechanics stuff :lol:
you know... dad could have imigrated to USA aome 25 years ago... now i wish he had.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote:haha... no joke. for as cheap as you get parts... you could build a lanos for half the price you could buy one :lol:
it is all comparative guys... you got high labour prices and we got low value for money so PARTS seem to be cheap to you all.

i thought of making a better parameter to value parts between here and the USA so i thought about gas prices... for exaple the front bumper of a Lanos sport cost 210LE which is equalent to 210 liters of 90 octane gas... how much does this much of fuel cost you guys???

MMamdouh
Audacity Racing
moron

it's really about the same, i guess cost of living in general is lower there. your gas is obviously way way way cheaper than here, but that's for obvious reasons i guess :?

i wish we could get parts at that cost here though... if you could export stuff... you'd be freakin rich
Audacity Racing
moron

i'm going to the store... later homeslices
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

THE STORE?? it doesnt have a name?
Audacity Racing
moron

haha... i went to wal-mart, autozone, napa, advance, zales, and the carwash... all in less than an hour :lol:
Audacity Racing
moron

hey someone who lowered... what is your ground clearance now?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote: i wish we could get parts at that cost here though... if you could export stuff... you'd be freakin rich
the only problem is that you live toooooo damn far away man... shipping costs will kill you, you saw how much it costs when i tried to ship you the CAT bypass pipe.

MMamdouh
CustomLanos
Expert

Post by CustomLanos »

Audacityracing wrote:hey someone who lowered... what is your ground clearance now?
perfectly fine. the only problem is my 17's rub.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

how bad do they rub? i'm gonna be lowering mine but before i do i've been trying to figure out if i need to buy new rims or not. like right now mine rub but only if i'm going fast enough with a full tank and at least one other person in the car and thats when i hit a bump.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.