Want brighter headlights

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

can't really tell till i see it for real... photoshop expert needed guys.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

Audacityracing wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella-Op ... dZViewItem

if i put these inside the bucket and then paint everything else black... what do you think?
sort of did that with my leganza
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

pics??

MMamdouh
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

bump. How do upgrade the wiring harness and whatnot? where do i get the harness, im guessing ebay but then what kind do i look for?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

kinkyllama wrote:bump. How do upgrade the wiring harness and whatnot? where do i get the harness, im guessing ebay but then what kind do i look for?
bump again... anyone. Its not like this isnt a hard question
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

sorry man... i have very little skills when it comes to electrical stuff :(

MMamdouh
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

ok for the harnets upgrades. i was going to have pictures and the such from last weekend but i didnt get around to it then the holidays blah blah blah.

well you have 2 diffrent bulbs one for high beam one for low beam. since i dont know the full working (if the low beams turn off if you turn the high beams on) i'm just going to give you a generic run down.

Low/high Beam only

parts:
1 relay
16-14 gauge Wire (lower is thicker)
4 female spade Wire Connectors
3 ring wife connectors
3-5 um forgot what they are called but they splice 2 wires together
1 set of harnests
1 inline fuse

tools:
wire snips
connector crimps
wrench

optional parts:
shrink wrap to make things look nice

ok set one is getting everything

then look at your harnest when you take if off the bulb there should be 2 wires comming from it, postive and negative, negative should be the one with a black stripe. (as i said havent done a car like yours so there might not be a black stipe) you can double check with a volt meter which is which.

now you want to cut the wires from it and then strip the ends a littleand put on a female connector on each end.

you want to connect the positve wire to pin 86 on your relay and the negative to 85.

for the harnest on the other side of the car you just want to tape that up and move it away your not going to be doing anything with it.

now here you want to take the new harnest and connect negative to a local grounding point (wires that run from the engine to the frame)

ok now you want to take the postive lead from the harnest combine both and hook them in to the 30 pin on your harnest.

ok almost done. now you want to put a conector on the end of your inline fuse and connect it to pin 87. (i'll explane about the fuse at the end) then connect a longer wire and run that directly to your battery postive terminal.

last part is selecting your fuse if you use 100 watt bulbs you have 2 bulbs so 200 watts total then you devide that by 12 to get 17 amps so a 20 amp fuse is what you need. so basicaly find the total watts devide by 12 to find the amps used. but if it happens to fall on the common fuse ammounts like 10 or 15 go one step higher or even close like 9.5 or so because of inital current draw will cause it to be higher.

here the only picture i have from mine

top wire being pin 30 (2 wires to my head lights)
bottom being pin 87 my fuse conneced in from the battery
right being pin 86 the wire i spliced in from my head light harnest (stock one)
left being 85 the line going to ground.

also there are 2 diffrent types of relays you might find single pole and doube pole. it come with an extra pin 87a. for this do not use this type because pin 87a always has power going to it when the lights are off, and you would be leaving a large open power sourse sitting there.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

sweet thanks! one question.. where can i buy all this stuff i need?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

autozone should have everything you need
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

yup autozone or your local part store i dont think wal-mart will carry the relay. so check your basic store. for the other bulbs (9004,9007,9003) it's more or less the same thing but you need a second relay for the high beams, and there is a way for your high beams and low beams stay on at the same time by adding a diode allowing current only to travel from the high circut to the low circut but you will need a larger fuse on the the high side and it only works if your low beams turn off when you turn your high beams on.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
Daew0Leganza
banned

Re: Want brighter headlights

Post by Daew0Leganza »

kinkyllama wrote:I already have sylvian silverstars.. they're definitly brighter but i want even brighter. Plus they burn out fast. Is it possible to do HIDs or are all the kits only model specific? I know they're expensive but i want a really high end looking lights. I love how you can see the exact line where it looks like the suns shinning from those :roll:

Ideas?

Also i plan on doing the angel eyes in the near future.. anyone know if the process is the same to get the headlights opened up? I havnt looked at em much.

Danny
pepboy wire harness for 2 cost no more than 22 bucks... the socket types just the Watts and the seat... replace the seats the sockets the the bulbs = more luminess
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Cool thanks guys!
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Hey do i have to upgrade the wires, ect... for 100w bulbs? Or can i just use the stock ones for awhile. I just need to for like a week... its really cool here so nothing should melt from heat
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

chronoti wrote:ok for the harnets upgrades. i was going to have pictures and the such from last weekend but i didnt get around to it then the holidays blah blah blah.

well you have 2 diffrent bulbs one for high beam one for low beam. since i dont know the full working (if the low beams turn off if you turn the high beams on) i'm just going to give you a generic run down.

Low/high Beam only

parts:
1 relay
16-14 gauge Wire (lower is thicker)
4 female spade Wire Connectors
3 ring wife connectors
3-5 um forgot what they are called but they splice 2 wires together
1 set of harnests
1 inline fuse

tools:
wire snips
connector crimps
wrench

optional parts:
shrink wrap to make things look nice

ok set one is getting everything

then look at your harnest when you take if off the bulb there should be 2 wires comming from it, postive and negative, negative should be the one with a black stripe. (as i said havent done a car like yours so there might not be a black stipe) you can double check with a volt meter which is which.

now you want to cut the wires from it and then strip the ends a littleand put on a female connector on each end.

you want to connect the positve wire to pin 86 on your relay and the negative to 85.

for the harnest on the other side of the car you just want to tape that up and move it away your not going to be doing anything with it.

now here you want to take the new harnest and connect negative to a local grounding point (wires that run from the engine to the frame)

ok now you want to take the postive lead from the harnest combine both and hook them in to the 30 pin on your harnest.

ok almost done. now you want to put a conector on the end of your inline fuse and connect it to pin 87. (i'll explane about the fuse at the end) then connect a longer wire and run that directly to your battery postive terminal.

last part is selecting your fuse if you use 100 watt bulbs you have 2 bulbs so 200 watts total then you devide that by 12 to get 17 amps so a 20 amp fuse is what you need. so basicaly find the total watts devide by 12 to find the amps used. but if it happens to fall on the common fuse ammounts like 10 or 15 go one step higher or even close like 9.5 or so because of inital current draw will cause it to be higher.

here the only picture i have from mine

top wire being pin 30 (2 wires to my head lights)
bottom being pin 87 my fuse conneced in from the battery
right being pin 86 the wire i spliced in from my head light harnest (stock one)
left being 85 the line going to ground.

also there are 2 diffrent types of relays you might find single pole and doube pole. it come with an extra pin 87a. for this do not use this type because pin 87a always has power going to it when the lights are off, and you would be leaving a large open power sourse sitting there.
20amps can kill u
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

kinkyllama wrote:Hey do i have to upgrade the wires, ect... for 100w bulbs? Or can i just use the stock ones for awhile. I just need to for like a week... its really cool here so nothing should melt from heat
bump. Well imma try installing the 5000k 100watt bulbs w/o upgrading anything
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport