The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

ya know nick... short of post whoring and splitting up all my posts into tiny pieces, i'd be willing to bet i beat you sooner or later

you can't mind the forum all the time :twisted:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I dont feel like reading 28 pages so anyone wanna sum up what were talkin about?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

UMMMM... basicly nothing.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

um... i think i can sum it up a little better... though NOTHING is a pretty good adjective...

we learned...

nick's middle name is CHAD

um...

wow... we didn't learn a dang thing of importance... so yeah... nothing qualifies quite nicely :roll:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

read it. it goes by pretty quick and funny as hell. its just everything and anything being discussed.

and you might beat me one day but that won't be any time soon unless you really cheat like one letter per post. but i know you won't do that out of all fairness right? thats what i thought. and you won't be able to mind the forum either. i'd have to say the day i quit my job here is when you'll surpass me b/c i won't be on a computer for 10-7 hours straight a day.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

um... i think i can sum it up a little better... though NOTHING is a pretty good adjective...

we learned...

nick's middle name is CHAD

um...

wow... we didn't learn a dang thing of importance... so yeah... nothing qualifies quite nicely

damn it i said it was important to know. especially when i'm famous strutting the woo around. then you can be like "see son thats Nicholas Chad Durette, the most famous woo owner to ever live." :D

nick

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

...read 28 pages of nothing? lol... ill pass.

But ill join in on the next 28 pages of nothing.

So what projects is everyone working on right now? car.. house.. whatever?

After work im gonna start building boxs for my subs.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well i've been working on a wife the past two years. problem is no steady girl. i have too high a standards to be an ugly asian. :D still on the car and working to save a bit of money to get out of mommy and daddy's house once and for all. maybe thats why i haven't met future Mrs. Durette? :roll:

nick

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i have a feancee and planning to get married by the end of 2006, got my 14" rims and 185/60/14 tires and debating with dad for getting a paint job... thecar looks great with new tires and like crap because of dents and scratches (ever wondered why i had no pics ofmy ride at the Egyptioan woo meet??).

after the paint job i will do quite a few things to the car:

get 8.8 mm spark plug wires
CAI
13" rotors upgrade
front and rear strut bars
rear muffler
black paint the inside of the headlights
tan the tail lights (or smoake them as some might call the job)
tan the dash lights with blue/red color
get a cluster with tach
steering wheel

it seems like a fancy list but i want to do those stuff... not sure if i can do them or not.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

i'm STILL waiting on my freakin brakes... i got an email today from the guy at AJUSA (where i bought em) that says he's still findong out whether i need to ship back to EBC or to them :roll:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i just realized there are soo many people that join the forum and never post. i guess we answer all their questions already but sometimes i wish some people were more active with the site. i know some don't come back or what not but i constantly see names over and over but never post.

nick

Audacity Racing
moron

it's like that with most forums though... they are trolls... they look for the info they want and then leave

kinda a waste to even register
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

mmamdouh wrote:i have a feancee and planning to get married by the end of 2006, got my 14" rims and 185/60/14 tires and debating with dad for getting a paint job... thecar looks great with new tires and like crap because of dents and scratches (ever wondered why i had no pics ofmy ride at the Egyptioan woo meet??).

after the paint job i will do quite a few things to the car:

get 8.8 mm spark plug wires
CAI
13" rotors upgrade
front and rear strut bars
rear muffler
black paint the inside of the headlights
tan the tail lights (or smoake them as some might call the job)
tan the dash lights with blue/red color
get a cluster with tach
steering wheel

it seems like a fancy list but i want to do those stuff... not sure if i can do them or not.

MMamdouh
Long list...sounds fun. Have you looked into cost of paint jobs at all? Im thinking of getting some exotic color now.. or just a flat black (not glossy at all) but i know some people that went to a paint place that did an OK job.. plus they had to tape off there car and it still cost like a thousand bucks
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well if they had to tape off their own car then i say you should get a discount. hell i actually recommend having them do it b/c then you don't mess up the taping process. trust me taping can make or break the car. but $1000 isn't too bad. make sure though that the paint is base coat, clear coat. ask them to put an extra layer of clear so that you can wetsand and buff it to a high shine. if you ask them to do it they'll charge you extra b/c it'll be like anywhere from 4hours of wetsanding to about 40 hours depending on how shiny you want it. hell i say buy the paint yourself first so that they don't try to charge you extra for another layer of clear. i'd say you can get away with a 1/2 gallon of paint b/c after reducers and stuff it'll turn out to be a gallons worth of paint. as for clear just ask the person you're buying it from to see how much you would really need and what the price difference would be. i'd say you would only need like 3 quarts but the more you buy the cheaper it'll be in the long run. always better to have more than not enough. i'd say for a blackish color base paint it would run you about $200 for 1/2 gallon. and clear will be about $120 for a gallon. these prices are with the reducers. so with your own materials they should only charge like $600 or so. and if you really wanna cut the price a little more wetsand down the car yourself so all they have to do is wipe it, tape it, and shoot the paint. that'll save them like 3 hours of work. you know what dude just ask me for any other info you might wanna know.

sorry got a little carried away and you probably know this stuff already.

nick

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Cool.. didnt really think of any of that.

How much should a kamilian (sp) type paint job cost? like a purple/green?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport