couple of questions

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

l_BlakBear_l

couple of questions

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

i wanted to change the rod on my shifter, but it doesnt unsrew.. anyone know what i can do to take off the knob? and what is the biggest size rims tha tcan fit on a lanos? went to a rim shop and they said 16's. and is there any place that makes a cool air intake for a lanos? and anyone know of any place that has the same style of body kit that jetspeed has within the U.S.? thanks for the help in advance :wink:
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
senate

Post by senate »

I trial-fitted 19" rims on my lanos at the shop and they fit (standard ride-height).. but due to insurance I could only actually buy and fit 17s.. they fit perfectly with the car lowered 1.5", no rubbing, nothing.

Dunno if your US lanos's are different to ours (AUS), but we CANT change the knob on the shifter due to the messed up reverse lever.. unless someone knows a trick that i dont? *hopeful*
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Man if you read some of the post you will find all your answers.

1- No, you can not change the knob like in other cars. Why? the nob is a rubber ball stock in a mital stick w\ a metal ball in the top (the shif). Tha only way to change it is braking of the rubber part (the knob), cut the metal ball and sand the metal part. Now the poblem, you will need you buy a knob that you can use and can put the button (reverse) inside. Well you can use the MOMO tip S knob. Many people have do this, bt is a little pain in the A$$.

2- 22" wheels. He he he, You can put 2" more bigger wheel than your stock whell w\o a problem. Lanos 13" you can use 15", nubira 14" you can use 16" & leganza 15" you can use 17". But you can allways put a biggue wheel.

3-In the US hmm nop
ImageImage
l_BlakBear_l

Post by l_BlakBear_l »

alright. thanks.. and i have read these posts.. doesnt give me actuall answers :P just ideas :lol:
99 Daewoo lanos 4Door
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Also, ManiaRacing sells a wide variety of gearknobs that will work with the Lanos - just look for the word 'special' in the description. They do work with the reverse-lock collar.