MSD IGNITION AND COIL

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

exiled

MSD IGNITION AND COIL

Post by exiled »

I am having a hell of a time :oops: tring to find out how to hook up and what MSD ignition and coil to go with my lanos please please if anyone knows how to hook one of these up and what one to get please let me know i have a 2001 daewoo lanos sport 1.6L if you can please post to this or e-mail me at halrulez@yahoo.com

If anyone here knows of a better ignition to go with or combinations too please let me know. even if there are better prices......

also what do you all think about the direct hits spark plug things also maybe with the ignition????

also stand alone systems too for the ignitions would be cool if anyone could help me out i want the best bang for the buck[/b]
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have good news and bad news for you

Bad news.... Unfortunatly the MSD stuff won't interface correctly with your stock Daewoo system

Good news.... I made a "driver circuit" that hooks up to your ECU and give the MSD the correct signal it requires.

Bad news..... I don't have any

Good news.... I have four circuit boards made, they just have to be assembled.

Right now there are at least two guys using this circuit...... WooHoo was the first one ( I designed it with James in his garage when I went to pick up some engines )

From what I know it has worked flawlessly.... so that's a good sign.

The stock ignition system has the "driver" built into the coil.

This creates a major problem since a standard MSD coil does not have an integrated "driver"

The driver is usually an aftermarket box like the DIS-2

Typically the "driver" is built into the ECU.... so the MSD takes the signal from the ECU driver and triggers the MSD Coil.

Because we can't separate the coil from the driver in the stock system you will need my circuit which is a very simple "driver" like you would see in most ECU's.

So... again.... to upgrade to an MSD system you need...

1) MSD Coil ( I have one designed for a Neon )
2) Precision Boost / 360 Dynamics MSD Driver interface
3) Neon connector (which is wired into the stock Daewoo wiring harness)
4) MSD ignition system (such as DIS-2)

Here is a few MSD links to various products...

http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_24_6211_6215.htm
http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_25_62111_62151.htm
http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_26_6212.htm
http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_27_7600.htm

I have the programable DIS-2 ignition system but that is because I plan on installing a turbo and I want complete control over the ignition maps.

Most people wouldn't need anything more than the standard DIS-2 but the choice is yours.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

And were still waiting!! :lol:
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
exiled

msd ignition

Post by exiled »

please please please i really want to get the ignition upgraded on my car stand alone of MSD but i need to up the power the 14.2 on the quarter mile and also the fact that i only get 300 miles a gallon is not good
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: msd ignition

Post by daewooluvr »

exiled wrote:please please please i really want to get the ignition upgraded on my car stand alone of MSD but i need to up the power the 14.2 on the quarter mile and also the fact that i only get 300 miles a gallon is not good

wtf! 300 miles per gallon!!

Also got a timeslip and mod list to back up that 14.2s?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
exiled

msd ignition

Post by exiled »

i have ported and polished the whole top of the engine took a long time!
magnacor wires iridium spark plugs, drop down exaust no cats ported exaust too. gtech 14.2 i go up agaist j bodies. its the sport edition not the reg one its got thouse gears that i love in the tranny but i am looking to get the nubi tranny becasue of the long 2nd gear. custom intake hand made at friends shop. also this is when i took out all the interior of my car. i am up to i think it was last time in the mid 15's. +plus I know how to drive =) :!: and there a few secrets i can't let out yet until i am done testing! And I will let everyone know when i am done testing and i got the whole grounding thing too
exiled

msd ignition

Post by exiled »

and sorry 300 miles to the tank
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

hey exiled, you are the only meber in the bay area....:) I live out in concord, pm me sometime i love to get together and check out your woo, mine sucks as of right now just have A LOT of stuff in the works.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Brian5475E wrote:And were still waiting!! :lol:
Well.... I have one done.... so Tom could assemble the rest of the circuit boards if he has time.

I can't remember how much they go for..... ask Tom @ 360D he should be able to look it up.

The parts themselves aren't much money.... but there is quite a bit of labor and the boxes are fairly expensive (but they look really good)
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

lol... i still remember grabing ahold of the spark plug wire and getting the shit shocked out of me after we got the msd box wired up.. i still have that prototype driver box sitting around somewhere.. im also still using the second edition and they are working fine. man i cant wait till this summer when me and amy can drive up to see you guys, its going to be a blast!! i just hope that the the turbo isnt to much on the motor and kills it half way there, i only have 10 miles on it so far

this weekend i will get some videos of my car driving around in a parking lot.. its fun to drive now. has way way more power then the acura!!! i love it!!
DArkstalker
Super

Re: msd ignition

Post by DArkstalker »

exiled wrote:and sorry 300 miles to the tank
I get a little less than that is that bad.
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

directhits.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Daew0Leganza wrote:directhits.com
What does this have to do with the msd?

Don't "spam" posts unless they related.... you should have started a new topic.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos