autocross lanos

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wooskiMN

autocross lanos

Post by wooskiMN »

i needa good set up for autoxing a 01 lantos hatch, shox, springs, sway bars??? where and what to buy?
01 Woo
full exaust
intake
rims
chco chip
rsb stage 2
fsb
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

shock tower bars are the best suspension upgrade after all that...

tires would be your best bet for an auto-x though
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

We need more info. Do you care what class you run?
Are the wheels tires gonna be your street wheels/tires, is the car even gonna be street driven?

As for parts.. i dont know anything about what the lanos has. But id go with as much suspension as possible and whatever llil engine mods you can do. Then tires.. possibly wheels.. what size are the stock wheels? (15x6?)
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

kinkyllama wrote:We need more info. Do you care what class you run?
Are the wheels tires gonna be your street wheels/tires, is the car even gonna be street driven?

As for parts.. i dont know anything about what the lanos has. But id go with as much suspension as possible and whatever llil engine mods you can do. Then tires.. possibly wheels.. what size are the stock wheels? (15x6?)
Stock wheels are 14x5.5
Audacity Racing
moron

i would still say tires before engine, and brakes too....

goodness knows that auto-x's are tight as crap and are all about control, not power... the daewoo will spin it's tires in first and chirp em in 2nd, so traction is way more of an issue than power, imo
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Audacityracing wrote:i would still say tires before engine, and brakes too....

goodness knows that auto-x's are tight as crap and are all about control, not power... the daewoo will spin it's tires in first and chirp em in 2nd, so traction is way more of an issue than power, imo
Brakes? Common... you should know better. The really good auto-xers dont even use the brakes untill the runs over... Ive watched all the great local auto-xs putting there hand on there rotors right after each run. Not to mention the "swiss chease" rotors at nationals.. those things would probably crumble underbraking.. they just drill as many holes in them as possible to lose weight.

Wow 14x5.5? What series tire is that? Id go with like 6.5wide at least.. well that fits a 205 tire right? 205 is a very common size tire for competition but you dont wanna put the widdest tire you can on a rim as it wont handle as well.

Wheels/tires (size depends on what the stock size is.. wheni know that ill give you a good answer. Also i need to know if this will be daily driven.. or if you want seperate wheels for the track), stiffen up the suspension as much as possible.. then a lil cheap engine mods cant hurt.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
wooskiMN

Post by wooskiMN »

i have a set of miglia mille 16x7.5 rims with a 205 45 PZero Pirelli...it is and everyday street car but im not concerned with ride quality on the street...i already have sharkracing FSB, and the daewootech RSB stage 2. how good is the apex/kyb set up for autox, from 360
01 Woo
full exaust
intake
rims
chco chip
rsb stage 2
fsb
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

wooskiMN wrote:i have a set of miglia mille 16x7.5 rims with a 205 45 PZero Pirelli...it is and everyday street car but im not concerned with ride quality on the street...i already have sharkracing FSB, and the daewootech RSB stage 2. how good is the apex/kyb set up for autox, from 360
Damn those rims are perfect.. well i donno about the weight but the size is nice. The series of the tires are nice too. For your next tires i recommend hankook ventus RS-2 or falken azenis. 205 is kinda small for a 7.5 wide rim but on such a small/light car i guess you dont need anymore really.

As for the apex/kyb i have no idea
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
wooskiMN

Post by wooskiMN »

how long do those tires last...my pzeros only last a max of 10,000miles, i only use them in the summer and it sucks cause they get worn out easily...but anyways, im looking for new rims as well two of mine got well aquainted with a curb at about 40mph...too much street fun.
01 Woo
full exaust
intake
rims
chco chip
rsb stage 2
fsb
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

wooskiMN wrote:how long do those tires last...my pzeros only last a max of 10,000miles, i only use them in the summer and it sucks cause they get worn out easily...but anyways, im looking for new rims as well two of mine got well aquainted with a curb at about 40mph...too much street fun.
Whats the tread rating on those tires?

I got 12-14k miles on my hankooks along with about 7hours of roadcourse time.. and maybe 4 auto-x runs. Which is amazing for such a soft tire...actually thats kinda amazing for any tire. The only other performance tire i ran (besides the falkens now) was twice as hard and wore twice as fast..not to mention just overall sucked. Im running the falkens now and they dont seem to be holding up as long. If you pick a tire that you street drive go with the hankook ventus RS-2... they're almost as good as the falken azenis (which is considered the BEST street tire for compitition use) but are a bit cheaper and last much much longer. They have less road noise and resist hydroplanning a bit better to. The hankooks will run you about $105 each for 215/45/16

As for rims look into rota slipstreams or any other rota wheel for that matter. Its going to be hard to find 16x7.5 though. But i have rota slipstreams that are 16x7 and weight only 13.5lbs.. and cost me under $500 for all 4.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
wooskiMN

Post by wooskiMN »

i looked at your car domain, what is the gtech pro? j/w...when my pirellis get beat up im gonna get the hankook rs 2...i still gotta find some shox and springs, i want it lower and way stiffer. sway bvars would be nice but there are non on the market. any good places to look? the kyb / apex set up...drops it 1.2" in the front and rear, and the shox are the kyb gr2...i dont know much about them but it sounds like a good starter kit.
01 Woo
full exaust
intake
rims
chco chip
rsb stage 2
fsb
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

wooskiMN wrote:i looked at your car domain, what is the gtech pro? j/w...when my pirellis get beat up im gonna get the hankook rs 2...i still gotta find some shox and springs, i want it lower and way stiffer. sway bvars would be nice but there are non on the market. any good places to look? the kyb / apex set up...drops it 1.2" in the front and rear, and the shox are the kyb gr2...i dont know much about them but it sounds like a good starter kit.
I cant help you w/ the suspension stiffening as i dont know the lanos very well.. hopfully someone else will chime in.

The gtech pro is a computer where you can do runs and get all sorts of times like 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking times, cornering Gs, ect ect...
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Me

Post by Me »

i think the intimidator has coilovers for 1400 and you can pic you spring rate. i really like a stiffer spring and the rear to come out so i would go with a 10kg/8kg. imo oversteer>understeer and a harder compound tire in the rear.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i think the intimidator has coilovers for 1400
plus shipping which will be very expensive.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Audacity Racing
moron

that's more expensive than the shark racing ones (which they don't have anymore) :cry: