Test pipe group buy

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Audacityracing wrote: the o2 sensor is around the flex pipes. you could dump your exhaust after it if you wanted :lol:
That is correct. The test pipe shouldn't even throw a cel. So, how much is the pipe shipped in the US?

MMamdouh: you have replaced your cat with the straight pipe, correct (or was it the resinator)? If it was a cat, then how much louder is the car, and are the gains noticable at all?

Kinky: This pipe replaces the catalystic converter, not the resinator (aka 2nd muffler).

Igor
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

do you want stainless or just mild steel?

i'm waiting on a quote from my water-jet guys.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

AcingTeam wrote:MMamdouh: you have replaced your cat with the straight pipe, correct (or was it the resinator)? If it was a cat, then how much louder is the car, and are the gains noticable at all?
Igor
i did replace the CAT with the pipe, the car sounded the same as my pipe was the same diameter as the OEM piping and the power gains are noticable at high engine revs only... some 4500 and higher.

the gains are not huge but you can feel the engine accelerate better when the revs are high so if you already removed your resonator or got a CAI then this mod will perform even better.

note that the exhaust gases will smell different after you remove the CAT so don't think your engine is running too rich or got some thing off... it is normal with the CAT removal.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Hmmm... maybe I will do this mod then (I do have a CAI and no exhaust resinator + straight through muffler). I just want to see what would be cheaper, to get one from Audacityracing, or just replace it with a straight pipe by my mechanic.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Audacityracing wrote:

the o2 sensor is around the flex pipes. you could dump your exhaust after it if you wanted :lol:
hmm.. thats not a bad idea.. althoguh im sure with the turbo there'd be alot of flames... :twisted:

Stailess steel! Is this something that will just bolt in (rather than weld) and what about me with the forenza, is it still gonna line up and all that mumbo jumbo?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Audacity Racing
moron

i dunno about the forenza's exhaust, but for the lanos, this is a bolt on upgrade.

hey kinky, if you get a chance, look at your cat. if the flange is roughly 3 inches between the bolts and 14" long (from flange side to flange side)... this will fit you.

i can do stainless and mild steel. i can do titanium too... but you pay for it :lol:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Audacityracing wrote:i dunno about the forenza's exhaust, but for the lanos, this is a bolt on upgrade.

hey kinky, if you get a chance, look at your cat. if the flange is roughly 3 inches between the bolts and 14" long (from flange side to flange side)... this will fit you.

i can do stainless and mild steel. i can do titanium too... but you pay for it :lol:
Give me a couple days.. cuz ive been racing this weekend and dont have any time.. im doubtint you'll have this all done by like.. monday.. hopfully. lol
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Cliffke

Post by Cliffke »

I replaced my cat with a copy of the original cat (the outside looks the same) the inside is one pipe :)

Sounds more rougher and goes beautiful deep if you accelerate between 2000 and 3000 rpm and indeed above the 4000 you get a lot of noise :)

Performance is a little bit higher just like told above, when you go really deep with the acceleration you feel it! :D
Greetz Cliffke
maded

Post by maded »

Dude, is this for the Aveo/Kalos? And would you ship to Singapore?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Damn i forgot about this.

PM me with what i need to look for to see if this will fit my forenza
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

basicly if your CAT got P/N 96350080, 96350081 or 96351364 then it will fit with no problems.

if you got other CAT then try to do some measurments concerning its lenth and flange size and bolt pattern and compare them with the pipe measurments.

MMamdouh
Last edited by MMamdouh on Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audacity Racing
moron

i'm still waiting on my flanges to test everything out. i got my first set for free, so they are taking a while (they guy is doing them on his time so i'm not rushing him)...

we'll see in about a week he said. i'll keep everyone posted :D
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

mmamdouh wrote:basicly if your CAT got P/N 96350080, 96350081 or 96351364 then it will fit with no problems.

if you got other CAT then try to do some measurments concerning its lenth and flange size and bolt pattern and compare them with the pipe measurments.

MMamdouh
How do i know what P/N my cat has? owner manaul?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i don't know if it is mentioned in the owners manual... it is written on the CAT itself so i suppose you will have to crawl down the car and check your CAT... the P/N is written on the corner of the heat scheild.

MMamdouh
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

mmamdouh wrote:i don't know if it is mentioned in the owners manual... it is written on the CAT itself so i suppose you will have to crawl down the car and check your CAT... the P/N is written on the corner of the heat scheild.

MMamdouh
Okay thanks. Ill get under there monday.. i have to jack the car up to see that
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport