New member here, just wanted to say G'Day

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Mark K

New member here, just wanted to say G'Day

Post by Mark K »

Just wanted to introduce myself as i just joined the forum...

My name is Mark & im from NSW Australia.
Im currently driving a 97 Cielo GL and the only mod ive done so far is install an air filter and re-set the ECU (actual engine will remain stock.. but im well impressed with the difference the airfilter makes. So naturally im keen to get some more work done :) )
Im kinda limited due to new high performance resitrictions for new drivers (i just got my Provisional licence).
But im planning on installing extractors, exhaust, tacho and lower springs (hopefully these mods arent restricted to new P-platers)...

Thats about it for now, im sure ill make good use of this forum and the information at hand...:)

Thanks,
Mark
I.O.U
1 x signature
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

welcome to the forum man!

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Welcome!
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Hey Mark,

I'm from Wollongong; got a 1.5i. I don't think the air filter actually comes as a performance restriction thingy, it's just the whole "non-standard" thing; gotta have it covered or in a box, etc. I should reset my ECU too; got a pod filter.. Don't really have anywhere to do it though, not the 88kmh for like 5 minutes thing anyway. I know a dyno would be good... heh.

Anyhoo.
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
Mark K

Post by Mark K »

cpd wrote:Hey Mark,

I'm from Wollongong; got a 1.5i. I don't think the air filter actually comes as a performance restriction thingy, it's just the whole "non-standard" thing; gotta have it covered or in a box, etc. I should reset my ECU too; got a pod filter.. Don't really have anywhere to do it though, not the 88kmh for like 5 minutes thing anyway. I know a dyno would be good... heh.

Anyhoo.
Im from wollongong aswell lol
The restrictions are for modifications that need an engineers certification to pass rego n stuff... so aslong as i dont need one of them, should be alright :) I just hope i have the right understanding here or i could be in trouble hehe

I didnt know i had to do any 88kmh for 5 minutes or anything like that :?
The friend of mine who reset it just told me that i had to give it a rev till i heard a beep each time i started it.
I dont spose anyone can tell me what i should really be doing about the ECU??

Thanks

Mark
I.O.U
1 x signature
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Are you talking about reseting the ecu? If so, just disconnect both cables from the battery for like 10 mins, connect them back, and you should be set.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

also don't forget to follow the learning procedure after you reset the ECU.

MMamdouh
tango

Post by tango »

Welcome aboard mate! Glad to have you! many of here have in fact modded our cars in various ways engine swaps, turbos, rear-end conversions (discs) etc. No matter what route you take or where you live it's likely to be fair dinkum to get the work done! Once again, welcome aboard!
Cogito ergo sum...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OFF TOPIC: i just relaized that i came here to this forum, posted some 1690 posts without even properly introducing myself... so here it goes.

Hi, my name is Mohamed, i have a 1.5 Lanos and i don't know sh*t about cars. :lol:

MMamdouh
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

mmamdouh wrote:OFF TOPIC: i just relaized that i came here to this forum, posted some 1690 posts without even properly introducing myself... so here it goes.

Hi, my name is Mohamed, i have a 1.5 Lanos and i don't know sh*t about cars. :lol:

MMamdouh
Man, you have posted some 1690 posts and still don't know that hi-jacking threads aren't allowed!! LOL j/k
tango

Post by tango »

mmamdouh wrote:OFF TOPIC: i just relaized that i came here to this forum, posted some 1690 posts without even properly introducing myself... so here it goes.

MMamdouh
Damn Mohamed...guess I shouldn't have taken your advice a few times back there...maybe that's why my car's in the shop for going on 6 months now!
Cogito ergo sum...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

tango wrote:

MMamdouh
Damn Mohamed...guess I shouldn't have taken your advice a few times back there...maybe that's why my car's in the shop for going on 6 months now!
didn't you read the small font on my signature man?? it says "I hereby declare that i am not responsble for any problems, crashes, explosions or any other catastrophic results caused by my advice given through this or any other forums, e mails, MSN or Yahoo chat through cyber space... whatever you do is totally your responsbility. :lol:

MMamdouh