fuel pump or starter?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rcegrl

fuel pump or starter?

Post by rcegrl »

Ok so im having ANOTHER problem with my Nubira. Big surprise right? Ok, so when i start my car in the morning its cold, so it starts right up. After the car is running for about 10-15min the check engine light goes on. Then i'll go to wherever i have to go and turn it off. When I try to start the car back up again, it wont start (the engine is hot at this point still), it wont even try and turn over. Now heres where it gets weird to me...I had a friend come and bail me out the other day b/c my car wouldnt start...they gave me a jump and the car started right up just fine...still check engine light. Now we didnt think it was the battery b/c everything else in the car came on it just wouldnt start. This morning car started fine, no check engine light. I had to run to Pasadena for work today, but first had to run home to take my pup out. now the car had been running all day, after filling up my gas tank (and it had a half tank of gas already) i ran everywhere, (home, pasadena, and ran out for lunch) not one time did the check engine light come on and not once when i turned the car off did it not start back up. It started up fine all day! whats wrong with this car!? if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. thanks!
azazel19
Junior

check batt cables

Post by azazel19 »

I had a similar problem with my chrysler 300m. although i have those stupid jumper terminals since the battery is buried under the airbox. anyhow my problem was loose connections didn't realize until i popped the hood and tried to start the car and saw sparks from a weak connection. tightened everything up and it was good to go. but you still could have a bad cell in your battery i've had that happen too works fine for a few days after a jump and boom one day nothing. hope this helps.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

Check the ground cables...On the engine bay...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I agree with both of the above: possible loose or intermitant ground connection or a battery that is going bad.

Cliff