Check engine light

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mattman702
Junior

Check engine light

Post by mattman702 »

Ok this is whats goin on for the last few months my check engine light has been on and my mechanic told me that i had a falty sensor in the engine bay and that the light would go off when the weather cools down. thats understandable becaue i live in lasvegas and the summer gets in the tripple digits so its now fall and its in the high 60's and its still on so i said fuck it i have to re register my car soon in december so i took it to a smog chek where my buddy works and he gave me a free check and it failed because the check engine light is on but it gave me a print out and said the camshaft position sensors are bad so i know in a leganza there are 2 camshaft position sensors but i have no clue where to get them and i figured i would replace both so i dont have to dick around with the other 1 later. But where can i get them real quick guys??? I have to have them in and have a new smog check by dec 4!!! so please help! thanks
matt
buzzedtop

Dealership

Post by buzzedtop »

I believe you need to go to a Dealership (or former dealership) for that sort of part. I know the San Jose area still has 2 dealerships that still service and carry parts. It should not be that difficult to find replacements.
Chas Wiggins

Post by Chas Wiggins »

I have a 2000 Lanos hatch and the check engine light came on and off for a couple of weeks.

I live in Louisville, KY and the temp has dropped dramatically in the past 2 months. Since then, the check engine light has turned off.

So, to get to the point it probably has something to do with the temp change. How many miles does your car have mattman702?

Mine has 57,000miles+. This is a conspiracy theroy of mine, but it may also be a timed light. I find it interesting that this check engine light would come on less than 3000 miles before my warranty is up. Oh well. Good luck.
1991 Galant VR4
2000 Daewoo Lanos
1992 Subaru SVX
1986 VW GTi
1988 Mazda GTX

I just don't like pulling up to a red light next to a car like mine.

SCCA Solo2 H-stock and rally wannabe
anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

mine goes off all the time. my o2 sensor is tempermental, only working about 80% of the time. i just took the bulb out until i have time to replace the sensor.
if i could change the way you look at me
i'd carve your eyes out with a knife.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

mine is always ON... i think my TPS sensor is bad... i got used to it...

now that i remember i did the 16.5sec at 1/4 mile with the check light on... :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Daew0Leganza
banned

Post by Daew0Leganza »

maybe u need a better catalytic converter or a new muffler, cK cK