Me = new.

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

cpd
Super

Me = new.

Post by cpd »

Hi there,

I've been looking at the site for a week or so now, and decided to register/post so that when i DO get my car back, if anything goes wrong, I'll ask here first. ;)

I've got a 1994 1.5i (I suppose you guys call them Racer), 175,000kms on the clock that's currently in getting a head gasket replaced. Or at least I think that's the problem; cylinder 2 was full of water, had water in my oil, coolant everywhere, etc. So milky oil, water dropping like no tomorrow.. Ah dear.

Anyway, just saying hi.
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Welcome to the forum, and it sounds like you are getting the right work done.

Good luck with it all going well.

Also, post some pics of your car for us to all see! We love pics being posted on here. :)

Cliff
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Here's some taken on 13th May; I haven't got any recent pics with my new exhaust on. Only the tip though, couldn't afford a full muffler, plus the stock muffler looks way too long to replace. :)

I'll take new pics when I get the car back.

Keep in mind this is almost how I bought it, save for the custom plates. When I get fulltime work I'll start working on it, making it look like a nice little Kadett clone. :P

Click for 1280x960.

Image Image
lanos rider

congrats man

Post by lanos rider »

it looks to me like a clean car .. hope u ill get it fixed soon and good luck with it... and welcome to daewootech.com

Eyas
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

That looks great! :)
Thanks for the pics.

That same car is sold in the US as the Pontiac LeMans, but we all know what it really is.
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Got a call today:

Head gasket. Around the number 2 cylinder, buggered. Well, replaced now, but the lifters in the head were full of sludge so they had to send it off to get cleaned or whatever. Getting new oil, new leads, new rocker cover gasket, etc.

Yay!

Except I don't know what a lifter is. :?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

cpd wrote:Got a call today:

Head gasket. Around the number 2 cylinder, buggered. Well, replaced now, but the lifters in the head were full of sludge so they had to send it off to get cleaned or whatever. Getting new oil, new leads, new rocker cover gasket, etc.

Yay!

Except I don't know what a lifter is. :?
it is the part that comed between a cam lobe and a valve.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

good to see another daewoo with green P's on it.... Mate a blown head gasket sounds like fun compared to the stuff ive blown on my 98 leganza. To date ive done the water pump (i need to replace it again), all the timing runners (twice), main crank bearing, 4 intake valves, machined head, killed the thermostat, blown the trans (replaced with a peugot 405 trans) and busted the timing belt (snapped clean through, no stripped teeth). The thing has cost (my dad) $6500, which is rediculous on a car that aint worth that much
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

God! Where to start.

When I got it I had to get rust cut out.

Since then.. let's see.

Water pump, alternator, timing belt/chain, thermostat, new brakes all round, god knows what else. I just can't remember any more.

It cost me $2200 when I got it last October... Really shoulda saved and got something better.

But yes, I should actually be off my p2's now, coulda gone for fulls on 16th Aug. :) Too lazy.

I get my baby back today too. Turns out the oil pickup was FULL of crap, so like it couldn't pick up oil, and the previous owners of the car did bugger all servicing. *sigh* Why am I not surprised? So from what I can see (they had it running when I went for a walk up the mechanics), it sounds smooth, looks nice and clean, and dammit I want it back NOW. :D

EDIT::

Got a phonecall, all up for everything done, new head gasket, new rocker cover gasket, full flush, new oil + filter, removing, cleaning and putting back the sump, cleaning lifters and a new spark lead to the ignition coil, only $1194 AUD. Whee!