mmm ... engine question

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos rider

mmm ... engine question

Post by lanos rider »

guy ,
there are 2 engines made by daewoo that i want to know about.. the e-tech and the eco-tech any one have any idea why are there spasifications (spell) and whats the deffirunce..??
thanx guys
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

they are invironmental related or so... got nothing to do with the emissions rather than engine components so basicly it means nothing.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

e-tech is a variable intake plenum setup. it changes the way the air enters the engine which creates better torque numbers down low in the rpm range.

ecotec is emissions related, is it not?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Audacityracing wrote:e-tech is a variable intake plenum setup. it changes the way the air enters the engine which creates better torque numbers down low in the rpm range.

No, E-tech is just a nametag. It really has no real meaning or functionality. What you described is the VGIS intake system.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanos rider

Post by lanos rider »

then non of u know what is the deffirunce... and the spasifications ... u just r geussing !!! :? :idea:
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

thought chevy is the one that pushes the Eco-tech.. well.. GM makes them both ..
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote:e-tech is a variable intake plenum setup. it changes the way the air enters the engine which creates better torque numbers down low in the rpm range.

my 1.5 SOHC got E-TECH written on it and i have no variable intake... also some Opel engines got ECO-TECH on them with no variable intake either.

newer 1.5 SOHC lanoses here got D-TECH on them and again no variable intake... i think it is much related to emissions rather than anything else.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

True, I also believe it is emissions related.

Ever since Honda and Mitsubishi came out with V-Tec and Mivec car companies have been branding their engine lines with something similar.

It doesn't have anything to do with the power output of the engine if that is what you mean.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

v-tec is performance related though

and i'm assuming mivec is too
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, V-Tec and Mivec are just basically acronyms for variable valve timing when in the high RPM the engine tunes the cam rotation for the most power.

I'm just saying that Daewoo and Opel and the other American brands copy those ideas by using E-Tech, D-Tech, and Eco-Tech to try to lure consumers in with the idea that the engine has some special specifications.

Those terms probabally only describe either emissions or environmental gains and maybe in the case of Daewoo, engine classes. Cause the Lanos is touted as E-Tech while Nubira and Leganza with their similar 2.0 and 2.2L engines use D-Tech.