Getting sick of my car...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Efratech
Admin

Getting sick of my car...

Post by Efratech »

Does anyone feel this?

You fix something... another goes bad...

i did installed a new tranny on sartuday... a headlight bulb pulg got melted yesterday.... today.... another part goes bad... both lower ball joints need replacement... HEY its a 12 year old car!!! but please give me a break!!!!

Unfortunally i cant afford a newer car, like a Lanos
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

BTW.... its been a while since i want to paint the whole car... and i have no AC!!!!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i'll trade you outright
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

:lmao: :lmao:
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

How's it running these days??

Did you get everything setup the way you wanted it?
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

in the space of 6 months, my car had the main crank bearing go, then the trans, then the timing belt... so i had had enough, but last night i was doing 210km/h on the freeway so im pleased with it for the time being
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:How's it running these days??

Did you get everything setup the way you wanted it?
Not really... it still needs mapping...

but thats not the thing... the thing is i dont trash it everyday... and like the old car that it is there's always something wrong with it...

woo: yeh i know that feeling... but is almost 3 months that i got the car running again... and im still spending on it every week!!!

Efrain
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

new pads, rotors, spark plugs and sway bar bushings.

oil change and filter.

new alternator belt, A/C belt, steering rack oil seal and cam cover gasket.

new injectors.

new timing belt tensioner and coolant flush.

new air filter and spark plug wires.

fixing thermostate housing coolant leak and another coolant flush.

replacing exhaust pipe with flex junction.

that is the service history for the current YEAR on my '99 Lanos... some people say it is too much but all replaced parts (except for pads, wires and spark plugs) are the ones that came with the car so i can't complain much.

still have to replace busted alternator bearngs and i am 1500Kms away from another oil change and 4000Kms to new set of tires.

that is the case with old cars and the older they get the worse it gets.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I know exactly how you feel Efrain, especially since I have a 200,000 mile Lanos. Everytime you fix something, you are driving and something else breaks. I get so happy with everything working and then all of a sudden something else pops off.

I was getting new tires and I get a call, "are you aware that your tie rods are shot?" Not to mention, CV joints, wheel bearings, No A/C in hellish summer, no Heat in cold as winter (yes it does get cold here), exhaust leak, and many other things I can't list.

Airbag Light on, CEL light on, so many dents and scratches it looks like its been in a demolition derby.

Not to mention that I have a service record that puts mammdouh's to shame, it has well over 5 pages with at least $6000 worth of parts and labor, if not more.

But, hey, I still love my Lanos to death. This morning it was cruising at 95 mph without breaking a sweat, it doesn't burn oil, it runs quiet, it is very responsive, tranny is smooth after breaking in new oil, everything works like a dream (knock on wood).

My recommendation, stick with your car. If every car we owned never broke down and did everything we wanted it to, this forum would not exist.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

BosnianLanos wrote: Not to mention that I have a service record that puts mammdouh's to shame, it has well over 5 pages with at least $6000 worth of parts and labor, if not more.
maybe my service record is much shorter but it only covers 63,500 Kms only :lol: ... it costed me 1,280USD though so again no much complains about and i still love her as hell.

MMamdouh
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

mmamdouh wrote:
BosnianLanos wrote: Not to mention that I have a service record that puts mammdouh's to shame, it has well over 5 pages with at least $6000 worth of parts and labor, if not more.
maybe my service record is much shorter but it only covers 63,500 Kms only :lol: ... it costed me 1,280USD though so again no much complains about and i still love her as hell.

MMamdouh
I see, I didn't get problems until about 70,000 miles. I guess Cairo streets really give a beating to cars.
tango

Post by tango »

There was a point where I started to absolutely hate my Cielo. EVERY month I had two and three things to sort out. I wanted to get rid of it so bad. Now that I have her in the shop being rebuilt all the love is coming back. That and the fact that the little bullshit Suzuki Swift GTi I bought as a runabout was WORSE! That little shit car cost me THOUSANDS of dollars from day one! HATE them...always will from now on. But yes indeed...we all hate our cars from time to time. Part of life.
Cogito ergo sum...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

BosnianLanos wrote:
mmamdouh wrote:

MMamdouh
I see, I didn't get problems until about 70,000 miles. I guess Cairo streets really give a beating to cars.
you got that right... also mi driving does that too and if it wasn't for my continous checking and extensive maintenance the car would have been dead long time ago.

most of our streets are bumpy, narrow and loads of treaffic lights so it is a continous stop and go style drive on shitty streets... add some crazy driving with too much accleration and extensive braking and sharp cornering each and every way then you get a beat up car.

i have managed to keep her in tip top shape for the past 7 years and over 64000 kms.

MMamdouh
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Thats the same way it is back in my hometown of Sarajevo, Bosnia. Narrow, steep streets usually made of cobblestones from the medieval eras. When I tell people that I have over 300,000 kms on my car they usally are either very surprised or say I am lying.

Back in the day your car was a miracle machine if it made it to 100,000kms.