Problem with my Radiator

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Freyr

Problem with my Radiator

Post by Freyr »

i have a problem with my ratiator or what?s it?s challed on english, :) but i think my car is burning the wather.. i dont see any leek og nothink, do you know what?s rong? is the ***** burning the wather

sorry i dont know these engine words in englsih... :P
| Daewoo | Honda | Toyota | VW |

00" Daewoo Lanos SX Hurricane E-TEC 16V
99" Honda Civic
02" VW Passat 1.6
95" Toyota Hilux SR5 2.4
91" Yamaha YZ250 (Sold)
98" Camaro Z-28 V8 5.7 LS-1 (Sold)
tango

Post by tango »

I will try to be simple with my answers.

Your car is losing coolant.

Perhaps the problem is your coolant reservoir cap. If the cap is bad it will evaporate the coolant and you will not see a leak.

If you have a coolant hose that is not tightly fitted, then you may get a leak , but not a dripping leak that is visible on the ground.

If you have a bad cylinder-head gasket then you will lose coolant also. But you wil normally notice the engine oil being vanilla in colour when this happens.

Is the carpet of the car wet at any time? This could mean that your heater element is bad. You will lose coolant because of this too.
Cogito ergo sum...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

also if you got bad head gasket you might be able to see white fumes from the exhaust as if you started your engine on a very cold morning... only difference is yuo will see them fumes as long as the engine is on and that will be associated with engine overheating and loss of power.

also a faulty water pump can cause leaks... my mechanic told me that it will start leaking when the engine is turned off so you got to know when do you lose coolant, when driving or when parked.

if your car is a 1.5 SOHC lanos then their is this inherent leaky part which is the thermostate housing, check if their is leaks on the front side (belts side) of the engine head right at the part where the big black coolant hose comes out from the engine... here is the pic of the location i mentioned.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267