new guy from the u.k.

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

alan

new guy from the u.k.

Post by alan »

hi everyone,
i have been reading with interest all the topics on this site, and i must say you seem to be all very helpfull to each other.
my wife purchased a 1999 lanos sx twin o/h cam model last weekend with 57.000 miles on the clock.
we bought the car with up to now 3 faults, 1. the air con does not work, press the aircon button but it does not seem to connect to the compressor e:g no click or drag on engine at tickover.
2. drivers window regulator cable had snapped, i have allready replaced that, ?40.00 uk money.
3. we are getting the cam belt changed tomorrow ?110.00 uk money.
otherwise it seems to be a nice tidy 5 door car.
p.s am i the only member from the u.k? i havn't seen any posts yet from here.
i have been told that there will be no shortage of spares here, and all lanos spares can be bought over the counter, same day or next day from chevrolet u.k
i may be asking questions soon as a handbook is not available for me to study.
all the best,
regards, alan. :D
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

welcome!

I think there are a bunch of ppl on here from the UK
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I believe Stefan is from the UK and there are a few other guys from the UK but they haven't posted in a while.

As for your AC problem, it might just be a shot AC compressor relay and they message isn't getting to your Compressor.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

alan wrote: we are getting the cam belt changed tomorrow ?110.00 uk money.
get the tensioner and idling pullies replaced as well, if those fail the can be harmful as a broken timing belt... also try to replace the water pump during the belt replacmen as replacing it in the future will require the same amount of work (and probably the same labor cost) that you are doing right now.
BosnianLanos wrote: As for your AC problem, it might just be a shot AC compressor relay and they message isn't getting to your Compressor.
also could be the inherent weak soldering of the A/C switch itself... Patrick from the daewootech yahoo group had the same issue and he took of the A/C control panel and resoldered the broken liks and it is working fine now.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
alan

new guy from the u.k.

Post by alan »

thanks for the replies, i am afraid it is too late to have the water pump and pulleys changed, as by the time i had read this, this morning, the garage have almost finished the job, "have to keep our fingers crossed now" and hope we dont have any failure.
i will try and check what you have said about the aircon today.
i will let you know how i get on.
thanks again,
alan :?